Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyboard themes from Samsung themes not working.

(Topic created on: 11-09-2020 03:49 PM)
Interceptor22
Apprentice
Options

So a HUGE waste of money. I have bought many themes from the themes shop and now NOT ONE of my keyboards shows the new theme. They have all reverted back to the original grey/ black keyboard. Also any new themes I get, the keyboard doesn't change to the new theme. Thanks Samsung,  you really know how to push your customers over to Apple. How can you keep advertising nice keyboards in your theme shop and then not giving us what we paid for. Blatant false advertising just to trick us into spending money and then not delivering what we bought. Fix this or face a class action lawsuit.

26 REPLIES 26
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The themes are written by developers not Samsung @Interceptor22 so it might be beneficial to contact the developer of the theme to explain whats happening i.e the bug with keyboard and rhey may be able to help.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Interceptor22
Apprentice
Options

Thank you very much for the info. The reason I said Samsung is that the lack of keyboard support is coming from all the developers themes so I thought it must be the new Samsung update that has stopped the themes coming through more than the developers themselves. 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I assume Samsung release a new update which can occasionally break a developers theme @Interceptor22 

The developer of the theme then needs to possibly re write some of it to then work.

Letting the developer of the theme know via a bug report is a good way to get this sorted.

Also look at any recent reviews on the theme to see if others are experiencing the same issues.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

gennalaura
First Poster
Options

you have to turn off dark mode and then everything works

Interceptor22
Apprentice
Options

Dark mode was never on. I can see the change in colours on the keyboard themes but the keys are not detailed like some themes show. The keyboard remains a flat theme with no details. 

Weren
First Poster
Options

My phone just updated as well and my keyboard theme no longer works. Way togo Samsung! Ugly flat keyboard that I paid for. Doesn't matter I shouldn't have to wait for a dev to fix when it was samsung that didnt make sure themes would stay working

sjeanlynk
Journeyman
Options

Same thing with mine. Its actually a huge disappointment especially when you are after spending a noticeable amount of money to customize your phone; one thing Android had over iPhone. 

0 Likes
sjeanlynk
Journeyman
Options

I wish it were that simple. Unfortunately that is not a solution. 

0 Likes
Crested1
First Poster
Options

So I just spent a ton of money on another Galaxy phone (despite all the trouble I had with the last galaxy) to keep my themes & you just didn't bother to fix this issue?! I think this phone is going back to the store & I'll find an adroid phone where the makers care about thier customers & the hudge amount of money spent on their products!

0 Likes