Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with upgrade lounge discount code

(Topic created on: 13-08-2019 12:26 PM)
Upgrade_Lounge
First Poster
Options

I have recently been invited to upgrade from my Note 9 last year to the Note 10 via the Samsung Upgrade Programme / upgrade lounge 

However when I try to use the discount code for early pre-order it states my code has already been redeemed so i am watching the choices of model dwindle while i await resolution.

i have tried live chat, emails and a very long wait in a call queue to speak to a rep  that was obviously up to speed on samsung upgrade promotions (45mins plus). Its been 6 days now including the weekend and still nothing of any use, that can progress the pre-order. Lots of kind words of importance of customer, desire to reslove this but no one can appear to act to either re-set the code or issue a new one.

Anybody else having similar challenge? ,,,, perhaps a few social media statement might get Samsung to help but perhaps they dont need us loyal repeat customers who are willing spend 1K! the Mate 30 reveal today may make a few change allegiance, come on Samsung follow up with all your marketing with help to loyal customers.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
StargazerUK
Navigator
Options

There is no discount code only your loan agreement number.

On the upgrade program invite you would see a date when your eligable to take part and upgrade.

What was the date on the email?

I will ask the stupid question as well and ask you are going to the website below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/upgradelounge/

And putting in your Loan agreement number and Surname in there?

0 Likes
Upgrade_Lounge
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for your response

let me explain a little further how the upgrade invite works for me and i guess the UK at least

Note 9 purchased on release 2018, traded in my Note 8 and signed up for the Samsung upgrade program moving forward

31st July, Initial mail from Samsung stating my upgrad window is opening soon.

7th Aug, second mail from Samsung

"This is a reminder that your upgrade window is now open. This means from today, you can upgrade to a new Galaxy Note10, Note10+ or Note10+ 5G.1 You are also eligible to receive £100 off your order if you upgrade before 1st September.2
To upgrade, login to the Samsung Upgrade Lounge using your loan agreement number and surname, and enter your £100 voucher code at checkout.

fine and dandy me thinks,,, click the link and as advised the box to state the agreement number and type my surname and I am in,,,,  select the phone model, agree my known Note ( is in good condition and you in the delivery details page.

Right hand side of page states the details costs etc and there  a nice line to add your discount code (10 charachters sent in mail 10 chacters used ),,,,, press apply (next to discount code line)  and the code flashes red "This coupon is already redeemed or invalid"  

Then the fun starts, try a couple of time to ensure I got it right, try a live chat after a couple of attempts, given the sales call / help line... 45mins and they not able to other than wait, it will be resolved in 48 hrs

so i periodically check in my account, phone disapears from basket, so you have to repeat the email link, re select phone ( and I watch the 10+ Aura Glow go out of stock) 2nd live chat, 2 emails & 6 days

no signs of resolution 😞

0 Likes
StargazerUK
Navigator
Options

That's interesting since I did not think upgrade members are eligible for discounts and I never seen a discount before or been offered one.

I can't answer that one unfortunately. Since you called them and not had much luck I can't sujest what to do other then to try again and hope you get someone helpful but that might not be promising.

0 Likes
Crusty
First Poster
Options

myself and brother-in-law signed up to the upgrade programme at the same time last  year and selected the same handset (note9 hybrid sim 128GB). Upon getting the notification for the upgrade window opening, he received a £100 off coude in the same email (unique code), I did not receive a similar "bonus" in my upgrade email.

The B-I-L has upgraded and redeemed the unique code. Samsung support have not been able to help me with why I did not get the code.

I'm guessing it's a random offer to selected candidates or maybe based on marketing preferences or something.

0 Likes