Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the warranty transferable?

(Topic created on: 19-12-2019 01:54 PM)
Zhi
Student
Options

Hi I have just bought a Note 10+ from eBay, and was wondering if the warranty would transfer over to me?

0 Likes
Go to solution
17 REPLIES 17
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Going from thus thread > Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Warranty-period-remaining the Samsung Team here can check on their systems.

Hang in there until they catch up to your thread.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Cyberxploits
Apprentice
Options

Funny that as Samsung are refusing to validate the warranty on my 22 month S8 as, although purchased from Amazon with a invoice, supposedly if the phone was not purchased from an 'authorised dealer'.

0 Likes
psiva931
Journeyman
Options
Hi @BandOfBrothers I have a problem with Samsung S21 Ultra, I went to the Samsung store and they basically said the phone is not covered with the warranty as I'm not the original purchaser. I do not have a proof of purchase from Samsung nor its partners. However the phone should be under warranty although its bought by someone else, can I transfer the ownership /warranty to myself?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty follows the phone, but the shop can ask for proof of purchase if they wish @psiva931 

Are you able to ask the original owner for the receipt ?

Take a look at Samsungs Terms-and-conditions for your country in regards to the warranty and what they expect to be supplied by the person submitting the phone for support.

In the UK there is also Consumer-rights-act-2015. 

Look at it this way,  many people sell their phones to companies that deal in reselling used or unwanted upgrade phone's or sell phones privately to people they know or on selling sites.

If Samsung declined support to these new owners then I'd expect an increased footfall in posts here and elsewhere.

Might be worth trying another Samsung Experience Store or a Samsung Service Centre.

May I ask what's wrong with your phone ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
psiva931
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for your response, I have requested the seller to provide a proof of purchase or transfer the warranty / invoice. The phone was purchased from a Private Seller on eBay.

Sure, i got a problem with the 0.6x camera not focusing and it's blurry. (Wide Angle)

The original Samsung Protected Sticker was on the box and it was me who opened it, but they said it can be replaced and the phone might be internally. 🤨

#SillyReasons and honestly these are not valid.

I'm from UK, the phone is a UK version and under the UK Consumer Right.
Danuna11
First Poster
Options

I have been told my Samsung warranty cannot be transferred unless you have receipt 

0 Likes
summersue
Apprentice
Options
Im selling my flip 4 so how can i cancel warranty so it goes to the new buyer?
Expires Sept 2024
Worriee if samsung thibk new buyer stole phone if i dont cancel warranty on this device first??
0 Likes
Randroid
Apprentice
Options

From Samsung Legal: 

Third-Party Services

We work with a global network of partners and service providers to provide you with useful content and functionality in connection with our Sites. This may include information, links, advertisements, chat services, or other content or functionality provided by third parties (“Third-Party Services”). We are not responsible for, and have no control over, any Third-Party Services, and we aren’t liable for any damages or losses that are caused by any Third-Party Services.

0 Likes