Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instagram App Destroys Uploaded Image

(Topic created on: 15-11-2020 08:49 AM)
FAde101
Apprentice
Options
Hi, 

I find that when uploading a image to Instagram on a Samsung device using the Instagram app the image quality of the image gets destroyed and looks bad, however when uploading the same image using a iPhone there are no issues. 

What is causing this? and can it be corrected?

Regards
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@FAde101: This is likely to be related to the quality of the original image. Instagram will compress any images that are higher than 1080p, and can only handle aspect ratios between 1.91:1 to 4:5. Your Note 10 is capable of capturing images that exceed the Instagram limitations, which is why you might notice a dip in quality when you upload them. 

0 Likes
FAde101
Apprentice
Options
Yes, Instagram does compress images higher than 1080p and certain ratios, but this does not explain how uploading the exact same image on 2 different OS gives two different image quality. If you have a iPhone and Instagram account you can actually test this for yourself.

I've heard its easier for developers to optimise apps for iPhone than android devices due to the fragmentation of android hardware but this is still bad.
0 Likes
ro26
Navigator
Options
just take a picture with your phone photo app instead of insta app then upload it on insta 😉
0 Likes
FAde101
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the message. I always do. The issue is not with the picture quality of pictures taken with the app, but with the destruction of the image quality of any picture that I try to upload from my phones gallery.
0 Likes
ro26
Navigator
Options
aaaaa 👌
0 Likes