Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a Snapdragon Note10+ To Europe

(Topic created on: 25-09-2019 05:22 AM)
IA64
Journeyman
Options

Hi Guys, quick question... Im in Europe and want to purchase the SM-N9750/DS because it has SD855. I've seen couple of ones for sale on Amazon... It says factory unlocked. Normally the SM-N9750/DS is Latin America / China version.... ( GSM version ).

If I place an order should I also need to unlock it by making that 5 mins call ? Is it locked by region as well ? Because the one I got with the Exynos 9825 was unlocked but it clearly said on the box EU SIM cards only... Apparently I have to place a 5 - 10 mins call using an EU SIM before it unlocks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If a Samsung Phone is region locked then Yes a 10 minute call needs to be made where it was released for using a local sim card to a local number @IA64 

That said I have seen past posts where a person has contacted Samsung customer services and explained the situation and Samsung have filed a report to get a person a region lock removal code.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

IA64
Journeyman
Options

OK So next question is harder to answer. Assuming the phone is locked to US market ( regional lock only ) and I get it shipped to Europe.... If I have a T-mobile US SIM card ( roaming ) would that unlock it ? 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Possibly not as the criteria is to be using a local sim card on the local network.

Not roaming. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

So they changed the process ?

Usually i thought, on previous Samsung devices, that you had to put an EU SIM on the EU network before turning it ON for the first time, and then it would simply turn to EU.

Anyways, you will get no local warranty from samsung, i believe, with a phone bought out of the EU. Besides it has been reported that Samsung pay will not work.

0 Likes