Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I search for playlists with Samsung Music?

(Topic created on: 25-10-2021 06:42 PM)
motobojo
First Poster
Options

I have my music library stored on the Internal Storage (Music folder) of my S10+.  While Samsung Music identified playlists and presents them when I select "Playlists" on the top-level menu, Samsung Music does not find my playlists when I enter the playlist name in the search bar.  It seems that the search function only looks at things like album name, artist name, track name (all things derived from the metadata tags from the music files). 

This becomes a frustrating problem for me in using Google Assistant to play music based on my playlists since when I say, "Hey Google" "play Artist name of playlist" Google Assistant merely launches Samsung Music the the search field of "Artist name of playlist".  And since Samsung Music search doesn't find playlists it does NOT do what I want. 

Since I've spent a lot of effort currating my music collection and embodying the result of that curation in playlists this is a particularly frustrating situation. 

How can I get Google Assistant to satisfyingly perform the request "play <playlist name>"?

9 REPLIES 9
userlz8AxkvwdK
First Poster
Options
Samsung, still no answer?
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

Cheers! I've put this as a suggestion for the developers. Personally, I think it would be a really good feature to have - but me or one of the other Mods will let you know what the developers say when they get back to us. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

AntS
Options

Hi guys,

The developers have got back to us on this one. They don't currently have plans to implement this due to a lack of user demand, but they'll reconsider if there is more demand for it.

So, for anyone else out there: if you'd like this feature then say so in this thread, and/or give feedback through the Members app. Or, if you come across anyone who'd like the feature, please let them know about this thread, and encourage them to do the same. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

jeepeu
First Poster
Options

i have the same probleme on my s10+ and s20u 😞

i think i try all the playlist ... .mu3 .xml 

don't work , not just on samsung music but also on muzioplayer

is look like the phone don.t take it . work very well in the past on s9 and s7 ...

0 Likes
Michael7117
Apprentice
Options

Dear AntS

I'm surprised at the developers as this should be a basic included feature. I've had this problem several times and have it again with my new S20+ - it drives me literally mad. I have heard of other people with the same problem and this pops up on other fora as well. It is a really common problem. 

Just because people don't reply here means not many see this and does not mean that it is not a problem for many people because it clearly is.

I'd appreciate if you could bring this to the developers attention again. Such a pity it hasn't been 'cured' years ago. Samsung Music App is a really good app.

Sincerely

MOR

0 Likes
Pete6402
First Poster
Options

I also spend hours creating playlists and am infuriated when I loose them. Like just now when I've replaced my SD card

0 Likes
Garcy_Veg
Apprentice
Options

Try exporting your playlist. I have a playlist on Samsung Music app that I wanted to use on Poweramp, but couldn't find the file. After no luck finding the location I decided to see if I could export it and it worked. It went to my music folder as a .m3u file type. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Members_5pqDy4u
First Poster
Options

Well playlist export from Samsung Music app works on latest Android release only. When switching from e.g. S8 (Android 9) to a new device you have no chance to export playlists. But future change shall be easy with m3u list.

0 Likes
Dragonfire029
First Poster
Options

That's a great addition, but It doesn't seem to save unless the files are already in your storage in the exact same place as before, which is often unlikely when upgrading to a new phone. I just upgraded phones and again had my playlists wiped because they're not in the same place. I wish the playlists saved instead by say Title, Artist, and Album to verify that way (esp. so if you have to redownload your music). I also wished they could auto save somewhere so that when transferring files with the Samsung backup it would transfer automatically.