Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get "Edge" on my Note 10+ like it is on my S7 Edge?

(Topic created on: 23-08-2019 08:45 PM)
Stealthpaws
Student
Options

EDIT.  I found it.  I'm an *****.  Please forgive.  It was lurking on the right-hand side and barely visible.  Just in case anyone else is hunting it.

I loved my S7 edge, quite literally due to it's "edge" app(s).  I checked before I purchased the Note 10+ that it was supported.  Now, I'm pretty old and not real phone tech savvy, but I can usually find an app if I want it.  I searched the Samsung store, and find LOTS of things, but they appear to be add-ons(?)  or dedicated to a single purpose.  I'm a little lost.  I had quite a selection on the S7, and I'd like to get at least the ones I used on the Note.  

It is, btw, a pretty cool phone this Note.  Getting used to Pie.  Sigh.  

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Stealthpaws ,

I have yet to recive my note 10+ but was wondering what is was you was missing? also did you use the Samsung smart switch app?. (as in was it any app's from your old phone that was on the edge)

0 Likes
Stealthpaws
Student
Options

Hi...I couldn't see the "handle" for the Edge panels.  I purchased an otter box for this thing before I even got it & while it's a great case, it does obscure a tiny bit of the curved edge, which is where the "handle" is.  

No, I chose not to use SmartSwitch this time around.  I was jumping from an S7 Edge to the Note 10.  It's a pretty good leap.  Some of my older apps didn't play well with the 7, so I didn't even try here.  Everything else automatically showed up in play store, & I have shiny new copies of everything.  Since I pretty much use Google for everything, and keep all photos, docs etc on a card.  Didn't need it.

0 Likes
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options
That's great you found it if I remember right you can change the size of that tab to make it easier to use.
0 Likes
Stealthpaws
Student
Options
Yes...& Color which was actually better. Even at "wide" it's barely there. Like a millimeter. Really.
0 Likes