Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games lag unless my finger is pressed to screen

(Topic created on: 09-09-2020 06:21 AM)
DominicSalt
Student
Options

I have an exynos note 10+ and noticed games that shouldn't have a problem on my phone are lagging severely. I tried clearing my cache, optimising my phone and lots more to no effect. The other day I ran some game stats when I held my finger to the screen and it ended up speeding up the GPU by 30%, making a game that was running at 25fps run at 60fps. There has to be a fix but I can't find one anywhere online! Hope someone can help me fix this. 🙏🏽

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Obviously you shouldn't have to press the screen to improve things @DominicSalt 

Assuming the phone hasn't had an accidental bump or water damage then a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can help.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DominicSalt
Student
Options

Yeah there is no water damage or bumpage, something tells me it's a software issue seeing as all it takes is the touch screen recognising a finger for the GPU to run at almost full speed. Sadly I can't see a Samsung store cos they're all closed in my country right now 😞 hope someone out there has solved this

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Maybe send this as feedback to Samsung via the Samsung Members App.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ro26
Navigator
Options
use game launcher and set it on performance mod.and...did u do something in developer mode?
0 Likes
Alpha07
Voyager
Options
By "pressing" the screen do you mean you have to apply considerate force to increase the frame rate? If that's the case you're looking at a hardware issue. It's not hard to believe that this is some sort of power saving feature, my S20 Ultra is the Exynos variant and it's frame rate reduces to 30fps when I'm not interacting with the screen in order to save battery.
0 Likes
DominicSalt
Student
Options

I just mean touching the screen and holding while a game is playing. The games automatically go into what looks like power saving mode when my finger is released. I have game booster on HIGH FPS and I've made sure to put all my settings on performance-favouring options.

I've already preordered a galaxy z fold 2 but in case anyone else is experiencing this problem it would be good if someone had an answer. 

0 Likes
WhyGoS
First Poster
Options

I use a Note10+ Snapdragon model, and I can also confirm that the same is happening with a game I'm playing... Like a cutscene in the game drops in fps if my finger is not applied onto the screen, but then increases if it is.

I don't really have any solutions on this awful issue, but thank you for starting this thread though, since I would have never found this out myself. Now I have to annoyingly place my finger on the screen to get 'better' fps. (Performance is still not the best, because of Game Optimising Service from what I've heard).

0 Likes