Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G Mobile Hotspot not fully working

(Topic created on: 22-08-2021 02:48 PM)
David11789
Apprentice
Options

So, I wanted to put this out into the ether, so others start to see they are not the only ones with this issue.

I recently upgraded from the Galaxy Note 10+ to the Note20 Ultra 5G. I use the hotspot quiet a bit, as well as for gaming. On my Note10+ I was able to get on steam, and play all of my games smoothly, and without issue. After upgrading, I have not been able to play any games. I get to the main screen of the games, but when connecting to the servers it times out, or does not connect at all. I was on the phone with T-Mobile for 2+ hours trying to figure out what was going on. I re-inserted my SIM into my Note10+ and BOOM, no issues. The issues lies with the new Note20 Ultra 5G. I hope Samsung figures this out quickly as, I do not want to keep jumping my SIM from one phone to the other. I hope someone may have a fix for this, as I would be open to all suggestions. I have ensured that my network is not metered, and my data usage is on. I have ran through an entire grocery list of small "fixes" but to only be disappointed.

Any real advice would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
loribear1
Navigator
Options
i hope you don't mind me asking , but when you put sim into note 10+ , is it on 4g or 5g , i had a similar problem with mine , i found that the phones signal was up & down like a yoyo , & the wifi kept switching off too , so i rang phone shop , & they suggested i turned 5g off , & it's been fine since .
0 Likes
David11789
Apprentice
Options

When I put my SIM back into my old Note10+, its 4g, I don't believe mine has the ability for 5G. I actually have not tried putting my phone into 4G, how can I do this?

0 Likes
David11789
Apprentice
Options

I turned it off, and it is working smoothly. Thank you!

loribear1
Navigator
Options
if you have problems again , & want to put it into 4g , go into settings then connections & then network & change it there , good luck .
0 Likes