Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 10 - system 'hiccups' every 6 minutes

(Topic created on: 03-11-2021 04:44 PM)
Giesabrek
First Poster
Options

Hi all -

Wonder if anyone could advise me how to sort the following.  In the past week I've noticed that my Galaxy Note 10 (dual SIM) - about 18months-2yrs old seems to have some sort of 'hiccup' every few minutes. I timed it at around 6 .    This means that any apps I'm running will stop or minimise or both.   This is particularly frustrating if I'm using e.g. Google Maps for directions.  Have tried re-booting - but no change.  Wondering if it's got something to do with trying to sync with something of which I'm not aware?  Thanks in advance 

Giesabrek.  

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
It's possible your apps
Are being blocked
To work in the background
Check apps permissions
0 Likes
Giesabrek
First Poster
Options

Thanks HH - 

Given that I've got dozens of apps - is there a common setting I should be looking for - or does each app has to be given a specific setting? 

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Try below
Open Settings
And go to Mobile network.
In Mobile network settings,
tap on Data usage.
Next, tap on Network access You should see a list of all your installed apps and checkmarks for their access to Mobile data and Wi-F
0 Likes
Giesabrek
First Poster
Options

Thanks  again HH.

Under Clients /  Mobile data usage  - there are a lot of apps and I notice that under each it tells me 'Restricted'. If I tap on an app in this section - the 'Allow Background data usage' -  is switched to  off.  Same for each  e.g. Netflix, Phone Companion, One Drive.   Should this be on ?

0 Likes