Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Charging Not working Note 10 plus

(Topic created on: 22-08-2020 04:38 PM)
BigYak
Student
Options

Hello everyone :

My Note 10 plus fast charging stopped working. If i go to Settings --> Device Care -> Battery --> Charging,i see the Fast charging option is Disabled and i cannot enable it!

Can someone pls assist in letting me how can i fix it ?. This is an new phone purchased from Samssung directly and it's 8 months old.

PLease help !!

Thank you !

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Jp20013
Journeyman
Options
Is the phone charging while you're trying to select the option?
0 Likes
BigYak
Student
Options

YEs the phone is charging fine. It's just when i put at the charge, it does not show the Fast charging option on the display when hooked to the Charging Power. it used to says "Fast charging ...in Xx minutes" and now it says "charging in XX minutes". The charge time displaying is way more than the fast charging times.

0 Likes
Jp20013
Journeyman
Options
On my phone I can't change the charging options while the phone is plugged into the charger, I can change them while the charging cable is unplugged.
0 Likes
BigYak
Student
Options

yeah i figuered that as well. But when you first plugin to charging cable ..does it say "Fast Charging" ?.

It does on my wife's phone but it stopped on mine. The only difference was in the habit..my wife would drain the phone to like 20% of battery and then charge full. I would charge it all the time and keep it 100%. even if it 80% i would charge for few mts and then recharge again. does battery life gets effected this bad with just 10 months of charging inconsistently ?.

it charges well my phone but just does not Fast Charge. The options from the settings has no effect on the Fast charge process. 

0 Likes
Jp20013
Journeyman
Options
Have you tried a different charger or charging cable on your phone?
Or is it the same charger your wife uses?

And as for battery degradation, yes, that type of charging can and will cause your battery to degrade quicker than charging the way your wife does, in an ideal situation lithium batteries like to be charged from 20 percent to around 80 percent. That is their ideal operating and charging range.

Lithium batteries don't necessarily like being fully discharged or canstantly being charged to 100 percent.

Lithium cells have a set amount of charge cycles that will operate in an optimal range, unfortunately when you plug your phone in and charge it for a few mins, that's 1 charge cycle. Also, when charging from 80 percent and leaving it on charge to 100, then the phone will stop charging, that's 1 cycle, then while it's on charge the phone will stop charging as its fully charged then start charging again when it drops to 99 then start charging again and again that's 1 cycle.

So unfortunately at this time, I believe that your phone battery has fell outwith the optimal cycle range for the battery in your phone.

Hope this helps,

JP
0 Likes
Fooorest
Journeyman
Options

I have same problem, and i reset my phone and after the setup i can charge my phone super fast like before (with 45W charger)

BigYak
Student
Options

Oh that's good to know it fixed for you. i will have to give this a try ...

0 Likes
Vasikumara
First Poster
Options

Hi, i also having the same problem. I tried to with my other fast charging charger still the same issue. Its so annyoing that my phone cant fast charging. I even tried to reset my phone still the same

Please needs help!

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Vasikumara ,

if the issue persists after a Factory Reset and with different chargers, I would recommend having the phone examined by one of our engineers. Contact our colleagues to find your available options: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes