Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Charging not working after update.

(Topic created on: 08-06-2021 12:38 PM)
TB51972
Journeyman
Options
After a phone update a few days ago, the fast charging feature doesn't seem to be working! My phone now only charges at what seems a really slow speed (after being used to the fast charge for so long!) I've 3 genuine Samsung fast chargers & it's the same with them all.
Has anyone got any answers as to why this is happening or how I could sort it, Has it happened to anyone else? Thank you
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Same thing happened to my Note 9 last year. The standard 15W charger supplied with the phone stopped giving fast charging. Tried my wife's 15W charger from her Note 8 and that was worse. It only charged ultra slowly. Tried a 25W charger and that restored fast charging which was all well and good but not the end of the story as my charging port moisture detector came on soon after. Permanently. Now I can only charge my phone wirelessly.
I hope your phone is not starting to go down the slippery slope mine did TB51972 when it started to lose fast charging capability and I hope either a software fix or a simple clearing of the cache partition following this update can fix things for you. Have you tried clearing the cache partition??.. 👍👍
TB51972
Journeyman
Options
Haha! Ah I will do that too. Thank you 😊🙏🏻
0 Likes
TB51972
Journeyman
Options
Oh, sorry to hear about yours what a nuisance!! 🙄
How do I clean the cache partition please? 🙈
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I assume you have a Note 10 TB51972?. If so the screenshot below lists the steps to clearing your cache partition. There are also several videos on YouTube under the search 'How to clear the cache partition on the Note 10'. Good luck TB51972. 👍👍

Screenshot_20210608-123115_Samsung Internet.jpg
TB51972
Journeyman
Options
Oh thank you. Yes btw I have the Note 10. I will certainly look into it. I appreciate your help today Babishko 👍🏻👍🏻
TB51972
Journeyman
Options
Thank you 😊
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
You are very welcome TB51972. 👍👍
Vasikumara
First Poster
Options

Hi, i also having the same problem. I tried to with my other fast charging charger still the same issue. Its so annyoing that my phone cant fast charging. I even tried to reset my phone still the same

Please needs help!

0 Likes
Sunjay
First Poster
Options

After update my s6 lite also facing similar problem 

0 Likes