Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Charging not working after update.

(Topic created on: 08-06-2021 08:23 AM)
TB51972
Journeyman
Options
After a phone update a few days ago, the fast charging feature doesn't seem to be working! My phone now only charges at what seems a really slow speed (after being used to the fast charge for so long!) I've 3 genuine Samsung fast chargers & it's the same with them all.
Has anyone got any answers as to why this is happening or how I could sort it, Has it happened to anyone else? Thank you
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Does your phone get hot?

Is it any faster charging in airplane mode

If have a phone cover
Try removing that
And charge phone on a cool surface 😎

If so could be an app causing the issue
0 Likes
TB51972
Journeyman
Options
Nope, doesn't get hot. Any idea how I could pinpoint if it's an app or which app?
As I say this has never happened in all the time I've had the phone (maybe 2 or 3 years) & it only started after a recent update.
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Try galaxy labs app battery tracker
TB51972
Journeyman
Options
Will do. Thanks for your help today. Appreciated 😊🙏🏻
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Other things to try

Update your phone apps

Since your phone is running on the latest software update some of your apps might not be optimized to run on this new version yet. This might cause issues such as the slow charging problem you are experiencing. Try to update your phone apps then check if the issue gets fixed
Also run the galaxy app booster
TB51972
Journeyman
Options
Brilliant, thanks 👍🏻👍🏻
0 Likes
Options
Are you sure it's still enabled in settings like this ?Screenshot_20210608-103155_Device care_20879.jpg
TB51972
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for your response 👍🏻 yep exactly like this. Although I did turn of the "wireless charging" one & charging did seem to speed up a little. So I'm hoping this has done the trick 🤞🏻
Options
No problem, hope it gets fixed for you. You could also try cleaning the port with a toothbrush 🪥, you never know, might just be that ***** pocket fluff 😉