Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

(Topic created on: 26-12-2019 10:50 AM)
Peters2
First Poster
Options

I upgraded from a Note 8 to a Note 10+ over a month ago. How do I get emails on the new phone? I have to go back to the Note 8 to use emails. When I try to add the email to the 10+ it wants the password which I don't have and there seems to be no option to change the password. How can I sort this so I don't need to carry 2 phones?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

Hi there @Peters2

The password for your email address is the one which was set-up by you. If you can't remember it, it's easier to just recover it (just click on the Forgot password button). Once you choose a new one, type it in your new Note 10+ and you should be all set.

Just remember that if you change it, you will have to type in the new one in your Note 8 as well if you still want to use the email there. 

I always have this issue when I change phones, and end up spending quite a bit of time recovering passwords for most of the apps I want to use on the new device. 

Hope this helps! 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
Peters2
First Poster
Options
Thanks for your reply, but where do I find a forgot or recover password button? I've been at this for hours on several occasions now but there seems no way to change the password. Any help would be welcome.
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@Peters2 

Open a Web browser either on your desktop or your Note. You can't recover the password from within that app.

For example go to the Gmail sing in page and there you will be able to change it - if you are using Google Mail. 

It's the same for Yahoo and so on.

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

Again, this is for Google Mail and the recovery process should be done on a browser (Windows computer ,iMac etc)  

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/7682439?hl=en

Usually you will be sent a one time password or code on your mobile, for security reasons, which you will be prompted to type in as part of the password change. 

0 Likes