Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sim dialler buttons missing

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 11:56 AM)
DrVAC
First Poster
Options

After the new update. 

The Dual phone call dialler button is missing. What a inconvenience caused to the users. This really bad and Samsung without checking just rolled out tbe update. What is the use of dual sim if you cannot use them without going an extra mile.

37 REPLIES 37
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DrVAC 

Your sim card manager section in the phone may help.

Here are some recent similar thread's 

20-series-dual-sim-dialing-selection.  and ui3-0-on-s20-with-dual-sim. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ThomasJ
Explorer
Options
I really don't like how they have change this. It is more difficult to select sim to call from. The option when sending text message is also not good either. Why they thought the new way is better is beyond me. No chance of them changing back now though. So annoying.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ThomasJ 

If enough people send feedback via the Samsung Members app then maybe they will. They have in the past. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Sharpie1982
Student
Options
I have sent feedback. It doesn't even inform you which one of your sims has received a message anymore. Completely useless to me and work
E_Mert
Apprentice
Options

This is so annoying. Not sure if Samsung realizes that they removed a very conveniant button. Can anyone tell how I can send targeted feedback to Samsung?

Options

On my Note10+, I rolled back to Android 10, UI 2.5 with Security patch Dec 1 2020 and amazing news is I got my Dual SIM1 + SIM2 buttons back for calls/messages!!!!!!!!!!

see my temp  solution here
Meanwhile, all we can do it wait for Samsung to eventually fix this issue in Android 11, UI 3.x 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note10-series/lost-dual-sim-choice-in-calls-and-messages-...

While we wait and hold off on updating our software, the only risk is we miss out on security patches!!!!

0 Likes
DarwinsFish
Apprentice
Options

I had the same problem for many weeks, i use 2 SIM's in my mobile for private and work related calls. I didnt see this before, so dont know if it's a recent update or not, but i just realized you can tap the SIM 1 symbol right under the green call symbol and it changes your outgoing call from SIM 1 to SIM 2 and vica versa.

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-11 at 12.54.35 (1).jpeg

0 Likes
Options

@DarwinsFish - WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THIS INCONVENIENT "WORK-AROUND". IT IS UNCCEPTABLE!!!!

PLEASE EDIT & DELETE YOUR SUGGESTION & SCREENSHOT!!!! THANKS

E_Mert
Apprentice
Options

Yes we all know this, but still very annoying. Especially when you're used to swiping phone calls. Please undo this, Samsung...