Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaylottery is very real and thats why i can't recommend the samsung galaxy note 10+

(Topic created on: 31-10-2019 01:50 PM)
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

so i got the note 10+ the screen has a strong warm red yellow tone despite pushing it to the coldest setting (yes bluelight iflter is off etc etc etc since everyone asks) any way samsung support themselves agreed that it is too warm so i left the phone at samsung service they did nothing instead i got this (ran through google translate)

"The displays get different base contrasts during manufacture. Some have more blue light, some have green and others have red. The display colors can thus differ between different displays despite the same model. The easiest way to adjust this if you are not satisfied is to go under settings> display> screen mode and change the RGB or select a preset option such as "intense" to get clearer colors. "

this is official confirmation that some screens have a green or red overtone and that this is up to chance, it is also a confirmation that samsung sees this as normal, when it comes to sony phones i've never had this issue before.

0 Likes
79 REPLIES 79
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

Don't feed the trolls...

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

found an image i had of a note 10+ on display in a store this is before i did anything to the image settings as i was testing the placement of the ring of my app this note 10+ clearly has a very noticable blue tint like the xperia no matter how much you try you can't get a note 10+ to have this blue tint meaning some are blue some are red.DSC_4223.JPG

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

You're mistaking settings also, do not put green bar down, put it at max.

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options
Well you see Zz, some can get blue tint.
Thats my case. And i tested side by side another in a shop and it had the exact same tint as mine, but that is the same shop i bought mine, so maybe same batch.
Fr Exynos note10+
0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

thats my point of the thread display lottery you sometimes get a good display sometimes not how can anyone think thats ok

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

Dont know, but i saw that your settings are wrong. Put red down but both green and blue at max (unless you already did but the above pictures posted are wrong).

Green down will give slightly warm tint even with max blue.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

well you're right it does make the fold slightly less warm but not enough.

0 Likes
SithLord
Voyager
Options

It's better with green up, but still very warm.

My main gripe, is that these controls are only available in vivid mode, I find vivid on note 10 to be way too oversaturated, if these controls were available in natural mode then my issue would be gone.

As it stands, you use your note in natural, and it's unnaturally red.

0 Likes
zzcool500
Apprentice
Options

you are actually the first one that acknoledges my problem and agree with me rather than attacking me saying something is wrong with my eyes or whatever, it's obvious now that some displays are unnaturally warm not every display though as i now found out from the image i posted of the note 10+ in a store, you clearly see that it has a much colder display and no matter the lighting or camera setting i couldn't get my note 10+ to appear as cold ergo some note 10+ displays are cold some are warm hence display lottery which is something i find unacceptable on a 1000+ dollar phone i feel this issue needs more attention which is why i made a thread on it i feel genuinely scammed after buying the note 10+ i only pray and hope that they take it back once it's sent to samsung personally, as i am waiting for both samsung service and samsung to sync up so the phone can be sent to samsung.

0 Likes
SithLord
Voyager
Options

Just for reference, this is note 10 in natural mode, and Xperia 1 in creator mode.DSC_0021.JPG

0 Likes