Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling screen saver with Do-Not-Disturb

(Topic created on: 05-08-2020 03:44 PM)
GradyMarlin
Student
Options

I have an issue that really bugs me.  I like to use the Photos screensaver during the day when on the charging stand, but at night even with DND turned on, the bright screen saver keeps coming up, waking me.  So I find myself disabling and re-enabling the screen saver every day, what a pain. This seems like an option that should be available in settings for DND, but it's not.  Any ideas what else I can do?  I really want to not be disturbed after bedtime :smiling-face:

Thank you.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@GradyMarlin: For this situation I'd recommend enabling Always On Display by going to Settings > Lock Screen > Always On Display > On > Choose from Tap To Show, Show Always or Show as Scheduled. Now, when your phone is in an idle state, a basic black and white display will show the date, time, battery percentage and any notification icons, and should prevent the phone from switching to the screen saver. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
GradyMarlin
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply,  This doesn't solve my issue unfortunately.  Screen saver comes on, over the Always On Display. I thought this is normal and is how I've been using it, it's fine.  I just want it to turn off when the Do Not Disturb time comes up.  I don't think there is a way to do this.

0 Likes