Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Samsung intentionally nerf older phone cameras?

(Topic created on: 16-03-2022 06:47 PM)
MoreDef
Apprentice
Options

I was taking pictures and realized they were extra blurry/terrible, and I decided that maybe the resolution of the pictures was off. I tried for literally 30 minutes to find where I could change the resolution of pics and videos...and they're gone. There is no way to select the quality of your pictures. I can't imagine any reason for this move besides making older phone models irrelevant by intentionally nerfing camera hardware that should still be relevant. Wow. New low.

6 REPLIES 6
iamcool133
Pioneer
Options
I checked and I thought the same myself but then I checked my Samsung z flip 3 and that setting is also gone so I don't know what's going on
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised.
Try clearing the data storage in the cameras app settings & see if that works.
0 Likes
MoreDef
Apprentice
Options

It looks like that's just how it is now. It's nice to know that these guys can actually revoke capabilities from the phone someone bought in order to make it less useful and encourage the purchase of a new phone. 

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Try this app and see if you can get resolution options in that https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.opencamera if not then it's hobbled by firmware
MoreDef
Apprentice
Options

Thanks! I got GCam, which does a great job of getting better photo overall, but I will check out that app to see if it gives me more freedoms. I appreciate it!

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It might not work brilliantly with the extra sensors in your phone, it was designed when there was only one on the back, not an array of them. I suggested it because the level of options should allow you to see what has been disabled at firmware level with regards image format and size.