Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dex Feedback: Reduce size of window chrome/toolbars

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 10:35 PM)
_Ant
Student
Options

As I write this on my Note10+ powered Dex desktop on external display, mouse and keyboard, I am amazed that I can get so much done on this setup.

One of the main things I think feels/looks clunky is the size of the window chrome and toolbars. I've attached a screen grab of Samsung Internet and it feels like there is such a lot of wasted space. Essentially I think that if you're using Dex then you're probably using a keyboard an mouse, so the touch points don't need to be quite so big and you could give some of this space over to content.

Screenshot_20200619-223230_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Thanks for your post @_Ant! We've sent this off to our Developers for them to have a look at. We'll let you know what they come back with!

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @_Ant 

We've had the following response to your suggestion:

"Developers say that Chrome is a Google product, that's why they cannot provide any changes to this application".

Many thanks for the suggestion though. We appreciate all feedback!

0 Likes
_Ant
Student
Options

Thanks for feeding back Chris.

Bit of a misunderstanding though, I was referring to "window chrome" with a small C, meaning the box that surrounds the applications and the size of the address bar, tab interface etc. This takes up a considerable amount of screen space. The screenshot is actually from Samsung Internet 😉

AntS
Options

Cheers for the clarification @_Ant!  I'm going to go with a "LOL!", and that I've  passed that on to the developers. :winking-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @_Ant 

The Developers have now come back with the following:

"To use the full screen in DeX Mode developers recommend pressing the F11 key on the keyboard. At the moment, they have no plans to provide additional changes :)".

Hope this helps!

0 Likes