Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy paste

(Topic created on: 10-04-2021 02:35 PM)
Nahan491
Apprentice
Options
Is anyone finding there is a 'faield to copy to clipboard' when long holding and pressing 'copy' on any app/Web page? On WhatsApp the app crashes, and on others there is a failure to copy to clipboard
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nahan491
Apprentice
Options
I contacted support and they said to do a soft reset, which did the trick. You do this by doing the following:
Press the power button on the side of the phone while pressing the volume down button for 10 seconds. That will do the trick
You can also clear the cache but pressing power and volume up button on startup, then selecting clear cache in the startup screen. Hope that helps

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
JayHunting
Apprentice
Options
Yes! I thought it was just my phone being *****. I cant seem to fix it
Solution
Nahan491
Apprentice
Options
I contacted support and they said to do a soft reset, which did the trick. You do this by doing the following:
Press the power button on the side of the phone while pressing the volume down button for 10 seconds. That will do the trick
You can also clear the cache but pressing power and volume up button on startup, then selecting clear cache in the startup screen. Hope that helps
JayHunting
Apprentice
Options
Nice one. Cheers mate
0 Likes
Nahan491
Apprentice
Options
Yep it would be good to know if it works for you too! If so, perhaps samsung should put out a general message for everyone to do the same.
0 Likes
JayHunting
Apprentice
Options
Just tried it - everything works fine now!
Nahan491
Apprentice
Options
Great glad I could help. Love the Note 10
0 Likes
JudyFl
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung S22 plus and it's the same problem on copy and paste . I click and click and click it either works or it doesn't I even had it where it would copy it and it wouldn't paste I don't.

0 Likes
Addey
First Poster
Options
I used to be able to copy and paste from Word Document to Samsung note but not anymore although I'm still able to copy and paste from Samsung notes to Word document. Is there any reason why Samsung prevents this? Is this a sign for me that my Samsung phone days are over?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Addey: I'm not sure what could be causing this. Are you only encountering the issue with Microsoft Word? If so, check the status of the document itself to make sure that there are no restrictions in place that might limit your interactions e.g. Read Only. Furthermore, when you highlight the text you want to copy, are you selecting 'Copy' or 'Copy to clipboard'?

0 Likes