Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat settings

(Topic created on: 21-06-2021 07:27 PM)
Frankiebwoy
Journeyman
Options

Hi,  how can I activate the chat settings on my Samsung note 10 plus 5G phone.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Options
It's dependant on network provider I believe, but otherwise open messages app and then open the settings for the app and look for rich communication settings
Frankiebwoy
Journeyman
Options
Well I have done that several times but it doesn't work. I'm in the UK on the 3 network.
Options
Have you tried Google messages app from the market and see if that works?.. my old device worked on Google messages but not samsung messages..
Frankiebwoy
Journeyman
Options
I have tried Google message more than 20 times for past couple of weeks but no success. It gets stuck at where it says it's verifying my number but nothing happens so I have given up. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have followed all the instructions on youtube and it still won't connect. I'm even a beta tester of Google message... 🤔
0 Likes
Options
The other thing you can do is request a replacement sim as it sounds like a sim issue..
Frankiebwoy
Journeyman
Options
Really! I have never thought about that you know. I will ring them tomorrow for a replacement sim in case it helps. Thanks so much for your advise. 👍🏻
Options
No problem, a new sim worked for me when my device wouldn't recognise my number, hope it works for you.. good luck
0 Likes
Frankiebwoy
Journeyman
Options
I have just spoken with 3 and they don't think its the sim so they've asked me to speak to samsung so I'm currently on the phone with Samsung.
Frankiebwoy
Journeyman
Options
Hi, just to update you on my Samsung chat settings problem. My network sent me a new sim but it did not change anything. I had Samsung engineer come to my house to check on my phone and they think it's a network issue. I have used a different sim card/network in a different phone and I'm able to setup Google message on that phone.
0 Likes