Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging capacity going really slow.

(Topic created on: 11-11-2020 07:55 PM)
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
2 samsung fast chargers for this phone are now charging really slow.
At first I thought its the bedroom one its older. 
So I'm downstairs using the charger & wire that came with this phone.
And it keeps saying "slow charging, check charger & cable" or "slow charging, use charger that came with device" so ive checked the charger with a Samsung tablet & other phones, shows fast charging.
In device care in the members app, it allows you to check the charging port, states fast charger connected.
So why is it showing different on the screen, been trying to charge it all day, instead its depleting.
Done the usual restart made sure the port hasn't got anything stuck in it, made sure there's no play in the port, everything worked fine yesterday 🤔

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
I have the same problem, maybe the cable loose from ur plug. Or it can be an update problem because I didn't do anything to fix it. I don't have no problem with it now.
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Can you also charge ur phone and click on the notification and click on slow charing, and then scroll down to charging and check if it's set to fast charging and fast wireless charging.
0 Likes
Maroš
Voyager
Options
ok, at first of all i dont understand why u have wifi and data turned on in the same time, plus u should charge phone, when wifi or data is turned OFF, CAUSE THIS SLOWING DOWN CHARGING
0 Likes
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
my phone keeps telling me theres no Internet connection it the data isn't on as well.
ive had a new sim card put it in, I dunno if its due to EE & 3 changing signal to 5g or not, im on o2, we haven't got 5g yet, but I've noticed 4g drop over the past few months. its rather frustrating tbh, but when I'm out of my house the WiFi turns itself off & it runs data, but then turns itself back on when in range of mine or other o2 WiFi points.

On the charging front. its now showing as fast charging & I have an hour left. Same charger, same wire. God knows whats going on.
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm on EE and use the 25W super fast charger that came with my device and I can tell you the phone charges at the same speed (approx an hour from 5 to 100%) on 4G or 5G
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
yes @cwt85 I know the data/wifi has nothing to do with the charging ability, I was just verifying with Maros as to why the data & wifi are both turned on.
I also have a samsung 25w wireless charging pad and sometimes the phone can be funny with that too. I haven't a clue why its being funny with charging. 1st time I've had so many different issues with a Note phone, I've owned Note; Note4; Note8 & now this Note10+/5g.
hoping its just conflicting software somewhere & it sorts out.
0 Likes
theoracle
Pathfinder
Options
I have a moisture sensor issue which I posted in another thread. but in between this moisture alert, when it goes my fast and super fast charger are not charging at speed. having seen this thread and the moisture I am starting to lean towards a firmware issue or hardware fault.