Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera quality very poor

(Topic created on: 13-04-2020 05:49 PM)
Harry1978
Journeyman
Options

I've had my note 10+ 5G for 4 weeks now and honestly underwhelmed which considering the cost is very disappointed. 

I would say that my main frustration is the overall quality of the camera in which I was expecting great things yet most pictures are blurred, bad exposure, low light shocking. Actually considering flipping back to my my pixel 3a...

Can anybody confirm if any updates are coming to improve this or provide any pointers that might help? I have trawled YouTube etc and haven't found anything major, at least for better "point and shoot"?

Failing this, I guess I should consider selling the handset altogether...

Thanks

43 REPLIES 43
Kowalski_A
Journeyman
Options

I still have Samsung S8 and quality of indoor or lowlights photos is way much better on S8. What I have also noticed is that night photos on Note 10 has lot of flare around light (like street lights). Really disappointed. 

Nofear
Pathfinder
Options

Apparently there is an update coming for the Note 10 and S10 series to improve camera quality.

0 Likes
Kowalski_A
Journeyman
Options

They don't need improvement, they need a complete change. If nothing happens in next 30 days, I'll go for S9. Or Huawei P30 pro. 

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
@Nofear The update will just bring some new features (the ones found on S20) but it will not improve the overall quality of the pictures.

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
Kowalski_A
Journeyman
Options
As expected...
0 Likes
Kowalski_A
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately, you were right. New features, mostly for kids and teenagers. 

Screenshot_20200413-181830_Opera.jpg

Please look two attached photos. All the differences are immediately visible. One is taken with S9, and the other with S10(absolutely equal to Note 10).Screenshot_20200413-181731_Opera.jpg

Look at the greenery and street light. 

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@Kowalski_A @MadalinK  I do not agree, i have seen improvements for Night Sight.

Even portraits with back cam are not bad if we have some light. Front cam is still garbage though, i really do not understand why samsung does not use the same algorythms for jpg with front and back...

DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@Kowalski_A  i dont get your shots... i think mine n10+ does far better than this, no doubt... Strange stuff.

Maybe you did not use NS. Try with night shot, then try again with a lower exposure, and check which you prefer.

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@DL31 wrote:

@Kowalski_A @MadalinK  I do not agree, i have seen improvements for Night Sight.

Even portraits with back cam are not bad if we have some light. Front cam is still garbage though, i really do not understand why samsung does not use the same algorythms for jpg with front and back...

@DL31  Did you ? I haven't. Are you able to post some pictures? 

I was eager to try out the new Night mode because it has supposedly been improved, but to me, pictures look identical. Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased with the overall quality of the pictures (day and night). The Note 10+ has one of the best cameras, even better than the new S20 series (personal opinion). 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

Yes, use the edit feature and change color temperature, get something colder. Play with brightness, contrast.

It can make a huge difference compared with default setting.

The default saturation was bad with Ns but i think it improved with 2.1