Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera quality very poor

(Topic created on: 06-01-2020 09:13 AM)
Harry1978
Journeyman
Options

I've had my note 10+ 5G for 4 weeks now and honestly underwhelmed which considering the cost is very disappointed. 

I would say that my main frustration is the overall quality of the camera in which I was expecting great things yet most pictures are blurred, bad exposure, low light shocking. Actually considering flipping back to my my pixel 3a...

Can anybody confirm if any updates are coming to improve this or provide any pointers that might help? I have trawled YouTube etc and haven't found anything major, at least for better "point and shoot"?

Failing this, I guess I should consider selling the handset altogether...

Thanks

43 REPLIES 43
AndrewL
Options
@Harry1978: Sorry to hear of your disappointment with the Note 10+ camera. Tips-wise, when taking a picture in Auto mode always make sure to tap a point of focus so the on-screen square turns green. Scene Optimiser is also a great way to breathe life into an image. In Low light, use night mode to brighten the photo without the need for a flash, making sure to hold the camera as steady as possible to prevent blurring. For a bit more insight into the camera features on the Note 10 range, check out the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-note10/camera/
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@Harry1978 You are not the first to complain about the performance of the camera on the Note 10 series. 

To be honest I haven't experienced any of the issues you have described, even though my overall experience with the Note 10+ is rather disappointing, but that's by the by.

Try cleaning the glass that is covering the lenses regularly, I find myself doing it almost every time I want to take a photo. 

Also, is HDR set to auto? 

Low light photos are very good on this device, and like @AndrewL mentioned, using Night Mode makes all the difference! 

Maybe you can upload some pics which you took and are disappointing you ? 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
Harry1978
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for these suggestions. It's really appreciated that you have taken the time to respond and provide support.

With regards to clicking on a focus subject in auto, I get a yellow circle appear called AF / AE Lock. Is this the same as a green circle?

As for pictures, I have attached two pictures taken. One with my note 10+ and the other with a pixel 3a. As what is happening for the majority of time, the note 10+ image has a blurry ness and just doesnt have the detail that the pixel 3A image does (my opinion anyway).

Thanks

MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

Can't see any pictures :camera:

0 Likes
Harry1978
Journeyman
Options
Hmm. Cant see how to add them in this app?
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

@Harry1978 wrote:
Hmm. Cant see how to add them in this app?

Look for this icon 

20200106_000309.jpg

0 Likes
Harry1978
Journeyman
Options

A straight "point and shoot" on pixel 3a. No filters.A straight "point and shoot" on pixel 3a. No filters.

A straight "point and shoot" on Note10+. No filters added.A straight "point and shoot" on Note10+. No filters added.

MadalinK
Hotshot
Options

I see what you mean @Harry1978 

Have you tried using the Live Focus feature on the Note 10+ ? Unlike the normal Note 10, it has an additional ToF sensor which should mean that portrait photos will come out great. 

0 Likes
Harry1978
Journeyman
Options

This is a picture taken with live focus. Very blurred.This is a picture taken with live focus. Very blurred.