Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth device name is wrong

(Topic created on: 09-10-2022 11:00 PM)
bruunduun
Navigator
Options
My Bluetooth device name for both my phone and tablet is a string of letters and numbers instead of the actual device name. Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

11 REPLIES 11
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@bruunduun Hello, if you have Developer Options enabled, disabled, or disable the option-Show Bluetooth devices without name within Developer Options.Comment if it worked for you.Greetings!

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
bruunduun
Navigator
Options
This setting was already disabled on both devices
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@bruunduun: If you head to Settings > About phone, and check the top of the screen, is the correct device name showing here? This is the name that should appear on other devices when your phone is available to connect using Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Direct, and other methods. 

King666
Student
Options
Delete the device n reinstall it
0 Likes
forlon
Apprentice
Options

I love these great hints with "reset your phone" or "reinstall" it. Simply bying a new phone solves the problem as well. 😉

So I had the same problem out of a sudden as well. It started when I was using Samsung Flow to syng my Phone and my Tablet.

By accident I solved the problem, so I am not sure if this works always, but it worked for me.

I simple went into the bluetooth screen you showed in your first post, tapped on the three dots and tapped on advanced settings. Then I simply whent back to the screen before....voila, suddenly it showed the correct name again.

Hope this works as well for anybody who reads this and did not by a new phone yet 😉

Leeleeleeleeleelee
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, when I view my device name in Bluetooth settings it shows a long string of letters and numbers (image above). If I come out and go back it resolves back to the correct name but only temporarily. 

0 Likes
THE-MZ
First Poster
Options

Same problem!

0 Likes
lewu002
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Did anyone manage to find permanent solution for this problem?

0 Likes
Dom089
First Poster
Options

He's not saying to reset your phone. He said delete your device, meaning delete the bluetooth profile for your phone on the laptop or whatever device you can see your phone on via bluetooth. Or anyway to put it, on your laptop, open bluettooth and other devices, if you look at the devices that are or were connected to your laptop via bluetooth, you are looking at the device profile. If you click or right click on the device, you should be able to delete or connect/disconnect. Find your phones profile and delete then re-add the phone.

0 Likes