Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bixby wont control samsung music app.

(Topic created on: 08-11-2019 04:01 PM)
KM15
Apprentice
Options

I have audio stored on my phone, which I play using samsung music app. When I am hands free I want to use Bixby to control the app, but everytime I try it wants open Spotify. Is there any way round this?

Go to solution
17 REPLIES 17
ubiquist
Navigator
Options

What complete bull***** is this? At myleast in my world it should be up to the usert decide which music app they prefer. And no: I won't switch over to Spotify just because Samsung is now partneringu with them. I have all my playlists in Google music and I am not planning to change this. Instead: let's just remove/not use bixby instead.  The product manager of bixby is really trying hard for people to dislike this feature...

Marc - Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G - Galaxy Watch4 Classic
rey127
First Poster
Options

I'm I'm sorry but what kind of solution is this? It specifically stated that he or she was not able to play with Samsung Music and solution is NOT "play it with something else". It's strange that a samsung exclusive app can't play with another Samsung exclusive app.

1) I have my own files that can't be found in Spotify or Google. They are foreign music and/or remixes.

2) I don't want to stream music I don't have unlimited data.

3) I'm not paying a subscription for streaming music.

So basically the only correct answer for this post is there isn't a solution.

Someone3
First Poster
Options

Bixby just kept on saying it didn't understand what I am saying whenever I say “play music”

DUSKvsDAWN
Explorer
Options

It's because you either have to ask for a specific song or playlist. All the commands bixby can use combined with the samsung music app are listed in the bixby app ^^

0 Likes
DUSKvsDAWN
Explorer
Options

I know right? That was very stupid to me too! We ask for one thing, then got an answer for something we did not want AT ALL 😕

Markfll
First Poster
Options

Goodbye Bixby. Can't play music from the Samsung app. Ridiculous!

BTC
First Poster
Options

Instead of pushing your own agenda, how about answering the question asked or leave it alone. It doesn't help anyone to answer the question NOT asked.

0 Likes
BTC
First Poster
Options

I ended up creating my own capsule and it works fine with it. It is a pain that you have to create your own, but. It's the only way I found around it.

0 Likes