Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bixby wont control samsung music app.

(Topic created on: 09-11-2019 11:28 PM)
KM15
Apprentice
Options

I have audio stored on my phone, which I play using samsung music app. When I am hands free I want to use Bixby to control the app, but everytime I try it wants open Spotify. Is there any way round this?

17 REPLIES 17
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @KM15 ,

hope that you are doing well. You can control Samsung Music using Bixby by saying say, "play," "pause," or "skip to next song," when you are in the app and Bixby will perform the command. However, when you give Bixby a command with a specific song title, artist, or genre, Spotify will automatically open, even if you have another music app opened.

0 Likes
Solution
John79x
Journeyman
Options

I prefer Google Assistant and Google Play Music.

My God, I feel bad for people who try to use Bixby.

I highly recommend switching for many reasons.

Google Assistant is known for working flawlessly in just about every aspect of it's functionality, especially voice recognition, where as Bixby is kind of the laughing stock of all phone assistants.

If you pinch your screen and swipe right all the way to the Bixby screen on the left, you can turn it off of your home screen.

Then download an app called sideActions for all Note 10 models, or bxActions for all previous Galaxy models.

That app will allow you to reassign any and all of the side buttons on your phone to do whatever you want. And you can assign them different functions in different situations and apps.

To give you an idea, here is my setup.

When the screen is locked or on the lock screen, I double tap the side button to turn my flashlight on and off.

When on the home screen here is my setup.

Double tap side key to toggle between sound and vibrate.

Long press side key for a screenshot.

Single press turns off screen as normal.

I set it so I have to double tap my volume keys to actually turn the volume up or down so I can do cooler things with single and long presses.

I single press volume down for Google Assistant.

Long press volume down for the power menu.

Single press volume up to toggle screen rotation on and off.

Long press volume up to launch my company's timecard application to clock in and out at work.

If I'm on YouTube, I single press volume down to auto rotate the video into full screen.

And I play chess using these two chess apps simultaneously actually, so in either of those apps, I single press volume down to just switch to the last app.

KM15
Apprentice
Options

Hi TessM... I wish that were true!

With Samsung Music App open and with an MP3 stored on the phone paused, if I say "Hi Bixby" "Play" --- I am given a screen telling me to Connect to Stopify.

Is there something I am missing?

0 Likes
danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hello,

what you are experiencing is normal operation.

Samsung Music capsule is going to be removed from Bixby platform and it will be replaced by Spotify capsule during this year.

So, you can start playing music / tracks / playlist only on Spotify, but you can always use "Play", "Stop", "Next song", "Previous song" and so on as it is supported for every media application on Android by the System capsule.

See you soon!

Un assistente vocale per il tuo ecosistema Galaxy: Bixby

0 Likes
KM15
Apprentice
Options

Ermmm...

But I don't want to play music from Spotify - I want to play my own audio files stored in my Note 10+ memory. Are you saying I am not going to be able to do that?

danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Unless Spotify can, you can't do that with Bixby for these reasons above.

You should start playing your recordings album on Samsung Music with touch and then control media player with "Play", "Stop", "Next track", "Previous track" and so on with Bixby.

See you soon!

0 Likes
Nofear
Pathfinder
Options

This better not be true, I don't want Spotify! 

danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hello,

thanks for your feedback :smiling-face:

See you soon!

0 Likes
KM15
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, Google does I want, it also allows me to move backwards and forward by a number of minutes within the file.... useful when it's a big audio file. Thanks

0 Likes