Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best camera settings for point and shoot?

(Topic created on: 27-11-2019 06:01 AM)
Nofear
Pathfinder
Options

Hi All, 

I am not overly impressed with the default camera mode and wondered if I am missing something? Pics on Youtube and other sites look a lot more impressive than what I am able to achieve. I have looked in the settings and there doesn't appear any settings to increase the image quality, only the video to 4K. 

I don't really want to mess about with the pro settings so wondered if there was any way to improve the default camera modes? 

Cheers

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

Not much... Video you saw on youtube do not zoom in, but that's probably what you are doing too much.

Watch photos on a PC screen you will have a better idea of how great they are.

If you do not want to mess with promode, in automode you can click on screen, a brightness rule appears and you can lower brightness one or two steps. Note10 expose too much.

There is some issues with the software but samsung is not doing much about it (oversharpening, over exposure, low or bad shutter speed, etc...).

Try to use night mode as much as you can (even by day if light is poor). It will be better than auto mode.

Nofear
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks. Appreciate the response. Will stick it out
0 Likes
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@Nofear wrote:

Hi All, 

I am not overly impressed with the default camera mode and wondered if I am missing something? Pics on Youtube and other sites look a lot more impressive than what I am able to achieve. I have looked in the settings and there doesn't appear any settings to increase the image quality, only the video to 4K. 

I don't really want to mess about with the pro settings so wondered if there was any way to improve the default camera modes? 

Cheers

Then try gcam if you desire pixel device images. Or stay stock and use snapseed app to edit photos. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.niksoftware.snapseed&hl=en_US   

100 milion cant be wrong.

0 Likes
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@StellarTraveler  Gcam only works truely on Snapdragon. For Exynos there is only one old version working, and with very limited features, and most of the time the stock camera is better.

Also, i prefer the editing feature that comes with the Note10+. Snapseed quality does not seem very good to me in comparison. There is also Lightroom that works for raws on the Note for those shooting pro-mode.

0 Likes
roastedwookie
Voyager
Options

Nope. The camera has the same problems found in the GS10 series...Samsung did not bother to fix it.

0 Likes
Nofear
Pathfinder
Options
Sucks bad......
0 Likes