Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery drain

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 07:32 AM)
AjyS
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone noticed significant battery drain after the new update on Note 10+ series?! Even small video calls or you tube seems to be sucking away on the battery life. Any workarounds?
8 REPLIES 8
gfletch
First Poster
Options
yes I have on the s20 fe.
0 Likes
DanLcfc
Explorer
Options
it's about the same for me on the N10+ but the face unlock is completely ruined. I've registered my face 5 times and it takes 2 seconds to get in the phone and that's if it works at all. most the time it doesn't recognise. Before the update it was very quick.
0 Likes
AjyS
Apprentice
Options
I don't think they have updated all the apps just as yet like the message i got from good lock. But this is just my presumption. Maybe they just screwed up the update 😜
0 Likes
AnthonyT11
Explorer
Options

I was just about to make a post about this issue. I've tried adjusting every setting imaginable to get the best out of my battery life without creating a non-basic experience, yet it still drains the hell out of my battery since the update.

I noticed the options in Device Care > Battery, to put your phone into Power Saving, Medium Power Usage, Maximum Power usage, and Optimisation are gone in this update.

I tried to organize apps into Sleeping Apps & Deep Sleeping Apps, yet they're still opening in the background, even after un toggling the ''Allow background data usage'' & ''Allow background activity'' in the usage setting in app info.

Also, all the Samsung bloatware, mainly Bixby and AR apps are still trying to open themselves in the background and succeeding, even after I've disabled them. It's a pity because I was really looking forward to this update.

In short, my battery is draining at an uncomfortable/ noticeable rate and I don't think Samsung got the optimization part of this update aced yet.

Anyone with similar issues?

0 Likes
DanLcfc
Explorer
Options
I got the same in good lock. I change the task bar to list but as you say it doesn't work. I think they've rushed the update out and made a mess 🥴
AjyS
Apprentice
Options
same here! I was looking forward to this update. and instead it looks like they've stripped off a lot of functionality! Such a shame.
Biker74
Pathfinder
Options
Yes, it's dreadful
0 Likes
ro26
Navigator
Options
everything is good with mine and everything works as it should after update
0 Likes