Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August security update fails on Note 10+, 5G

(Topic created on: 17-08-2020 07:28 AM)
mercman
Pioneer
Options
Appears everyone with a note 10+ 5G is having the same problem with the August update failing at 26%, and saying to visit a Samsung centre. 

Anyone know a fix for this yet, has Samsung responded?
16 REPLIES 16
AcademicBarzo
Apprentice
Options

Do not use Smart Switch.  I just have (to deal with this 26% failure on my Note 10+ 5G of the Aug 2020 update), and I think it has bricked my phone. It got to 89% and there was an error.  Now in emergency software recovery, hoping the phone is not bricked (but will be very annoyed at having to set it up again). I only used Smart Switch as I was about to book the phone in for repair and this was a suggested action on the Samsung website.  Very disappointed - let's hope the phone is not bricked.  If it is, this will be my very last Samsung product - phone or otherwise.  

Dodger64
Journeyman
Options
Update through Smart Switch on your pc it works.
0 Likes
Dodger64
Journeyman
Options
Screenshot to prove Smart Switch works as opposed to bricking the phone as someone suggested.
0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there!

If your SD card is corrupted, you might be able to fix the corruption by attaching it to a PC, and running checkdisk on the card. I've had this issue before, and did this procedure, and once complete Android picked it up and the card's worked flawlessly since 🙂
0 Likes
AcademicBarzo
Apprentice
Options
Happy to say that Emergency Recovery worked and phone updated to August security updates. Not a good experience, but at least it finally worked.
0 Likes
Christoff73
Pioneer
Options
Aug update for UK note 10 plus 5g is back 600+mb but its working...
0 Likes
mercman
Pioneer
Options
problem resolved, samsung released a fixed update last week. now updated ok
0 Likes