Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August security update fails on Note 10+, 5G

(Topic created on: 09-08-2020 08:09 AM)
mercman
Pioneer
Options
Appears everyone with a note 10+ 5G is having the same problem with the August update failing at 26%, and saying to visit a Samsung centre. 

Anyone know a fix for this yet, has Samsung responded?
16 REPLIES 16
Case1188
Voyager
Options
hi, I think samsung knows about it by now, im going to wait for samsung to fix the problem, there's no way I'm going to mess about with my note 10+, you may end up bricking the phone altogether, its samsungs f**k up, let samsung fix it.
Digite1
First Poster
Options
Samsung are receiving this messages!! Why is Samsung not making a public announcement!?!
0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Think updating using a PC and Smart Switch might fix it - https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch
0 Likes
Ripperoo
Pioneer
Options

Another Note 10 5G UK user here with same issue.

Has anyone else with this had their installed SDCard corrupred recently?

I'm just wondering if the two issues are related.

Has anyone got a link to the correct Samsung department in order report this issue and complain?

It's just that if we all send complaints to the first of the many Samsung customer service links we find on Google, they'll just say "we haven't had any reports of a problem" due to Samsung not communcating between departments.

All our reports need to be directed to a single link in order for it to become visible to them.

It's well known they never actively  check the moans and complaints here in the Samsung Community, which sucks, but is the reality.

Random034
First Poster
Options
did it work?
Have you tried updating using a PC and Smart Switch?
How do you do it?
0 Likes
N1NJA-TH3ORY
Explorer
Options
you plug in your phone to your laptop or desktop and launch smart switch hit update job done! it can't be easier then that!
0 Likes
LeotheKing
Explorer
Options
Here too same problem, note 10+5G experiencing the August update stops around 26% and giving an error message, and an instruction to contact Samsung!
0 Likes
xxmissjuexx
First Poster
Options
mines the same note 105g tried the pc didnt work
0 Likes
BlackHecter
Journeyman
Options
same problem note 10 plus 5G failed installation 26% I have contacted Samsung customer service and logged a complaint they recommend waiting a few days for another update to fix