Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR games unplayable freezing Note 10 plus

(Topic created on: 30-01-2020 03:32 PM)
Phyrexius
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Sorry today i received my new phone (note 10+) which im loving so far.

Except when i watnt to playan AR game (tried 2, lego hidden side and kingtfall) the game stutters to a point where it just freezes. (Initially it seems to go fine, but when the AR graphics need to be generated it all crashes).

I dont have an issue with AR sketch.

Also i have the game booster enabled for max performance.

I have the feeling this is a known issue, but i dont see anyone else talkin about it.. so im not sure.

Please help.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@Phyrexius: To troubleshoot this issue, please open Game launcher > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Game Performance > Game Performance > Focus On Performance. If the issue persists, try 'Balanced' and 'Focus On Power Saving' to see if you notice an improvement. I also recommend closing any apps in the background via your Recent Apps button to see if this helps. Let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
Phyrexius
First Poster
Options

Hey Andrew,

Thank you for your response.

I've tried that (in all 3 settings) but unfortunately no luck.

Note, that i had to close the game and change the setting then restart the game.

Changing the performance setting mid game caused the camera go black.

I've also tries to reboot the phone, disable all the " extra"  functions (atmos/NFC/mobile data, all except wifi).

I made a screen capture so you can see what happens.

In the first clip, you can see that nothing but the game is open.

Then i try to show you that the booting is set on max performance (its in dutch ;))

Next i start the game, and as you can see the cam freezes after a few seconds.

Also the game/application doesnt really freezes, but rather the camera " stops recording" .

2nd clip same thing only different game.

Here you can see that the cam goes black when changing boost settings.

VID#1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubNg_CNvmdY&feature=youtu.be

VID#2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiM-Tt-WP0I&feature=youtu.be

I've also added an screen cap of my firmware versions:

Screenshot_20200106-183115_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Phyrexius
First Poster
Options

Anyone?

0 Likes
-Micheal
Apprentice
Options

I have a tester of our Unity + ARCore app reporting the same. So far, we have only encountered this feedback for the Note 10 Plus. I'm unsure if this is a Samsung issue or an ARCore problem, but I have created a github issue for the ARCore team here.

https://github.com/google-ar/arcore-android-sdk/issues/992

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@-Micheal @: This is currently being invesyigated by our R&D Team. In the meantime, please use the Members app to submit an Error Report with Log Files immediately after the issue occurs, as this will aid them in their investigation.

0 Likes
-Micheal
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL, I'm not in possession of a Note 10 Plus, was researching this as a user reported issue for our augmented reality application. Maybe @Phyrexius or others can assist?

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all. We've just heard back from our Developers on this one as follows:

"Our Developers state that they have checked both games (Lego Hidden Side, and Knigtfall AR) on Samsung devices as well as on Pixel devices. It seems that the same error appears on all devices. It would seem that there is no problem with the Samsung devices, but with the games themselves. The companies that produce these games may need to check this issue at their side."

Hope this helps!

-Micheal
Apprentice
Options

Came here to provide an update, this was fixed in the latest release for "Google Play Services for AR". If your device has not received the update, you can sideload it from Google's offical ARCore release here: https://github.com/google-ar/arcore-android-sdk/releases

Update via the play store or download and install the APK from that link and you should be good to go.