Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APTX HD Note 10/10+

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 12:34 AM)
EMINENT1
Student
Options

I have a Note 10+ and I do not see Aptx HD in my list of codecs in developer options.

I am trying to get the most out of my Aptx HD headphones.

Is Aptx HD ever going to available anytime soon?

20 REPLIES 20
Typhoon1944
Explorer
Options

@TetraEngine wrote:

Maybe you can try installing this mod for your Note 10:

https://www.getdroidtips.com/enable-aptx-hd-on-any-android-device/

I have yet to try it but its tempting me to.

The phone phone has to have a custom recovery installed in order to do this which will trip the Knox e-fuse and void the warranty.

0 Likes
Andy199
Journeyman
Options
I think Samsung is not paying the licenses fees to Qualcomm.
When I purchased my Note9 came with Oreo and AptX-HD was working and the UHQ audio on the Samsung Level Pro line up of audio devices.
Those devices supported Hi Res Audio.
But they updated to Pie and SBC was the default codec.
I submitted a Bug report, got to annoy bunch of people and they reinstated AptX support at least.
If you want the audio codec, contact support and complain basically, elevate the request to gets written down and sent to the Devs.
I find hilarious that we pay one grand for a phone and they end removing features but they brag about adding camera filters lol.
Also note that Qualcomm devices natively support AptX HD as it's proprietary to Qualcomm.
0 Likes
divypatel04
First Poster
Options

You should Download Miracle Box Latest Version and Install it.

0 Likes
KimSchulz
First Poster
Options

Why? it does not support samsung devices. 

0 Likes
Folder
First Poster
Options

Lyf f41t flash file is simple to download from here 

0 Likes
FalconGrey
First Poster
Options

It isn't a hardware issue... this is a decision by Samsung and started in the Note 9 series when they came out with their own Bluetooth HD Codec. It AptX HD was originally WITH the Note 9 and Note 9+ but they eventually removed AptX all together and added Sony's LDAC (which isn't true HD, see tests by sound guys The ultimate guide to Bluetooth headphones: LDAC isn't Hi-res - SoundGuys) until enough complaints came in that they added AptX back in but not the AptX HD. So from there out, they kept the AptX but left out the HD part of it to keep competition down against their own scalable HD codec. Irony is, their own headphones support the AptX HD.... and also makes me wonder if it had something to do with that too.

0 Likes
on-tech way
First Poster
Options

nice but you should try OnePlus watch

review OnePlus Watch

0 Likes
on-tech way
First Poster
Options

you should try oneplus watch

review OnePlus Watch

0 Likes
Sam Sung Suck1
Student
Options

don't buy Samsung phones. simple 

0 Likes
Oom Jean
First Poster
Options

WoW, bold statement to make cosidering that when mine came early 2020, it did support HD audio in dev options... and that was with software out of the box, because this device was destined to be a flagship (supposed to be) in every respect, it had stereo speakers built in, hence no more 3.5mm audio jacks because analog to digital conversion is supposed to take place in your usb c headset by akg,  since early 2021 updates thats not working anymore.. neither is anything that goes into that port except the charger.. oh yeah not to mention the blatang complications UI 3.1 has conceived just to boot into bootloader for less experienced and dissapointed users, the answer is using a data cable (type-c usb headset works as a data cable as well) from your pc to your phone - connected (working or not) then just do your normal volume up and bixby/power button till the bootloader comes up...I have been noticing these kinds of telltale software issues since my 1st power up of this device, but I love it still because I know what it is capable of - and running android 11 with UI 3.1 on API 33 (APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE) is probably possible but it was never meant for it because it is a bit old for the newer os upgrades meant for newer flagships. We are all at fault here because it was so good that we all decided to buy it so ***** late in it's reign as smartphone - king.. but we payed a lot of cash for it because it is a beast of a device...so we get that feeling of utter dissapointment when they for example : cannot force 64-bit software onto 32-bit hardware.. props to them for trying atleast, maybe another software update is coming with fixes or maybe, our greed has surpassed our ability to think logically, and Samsung maybe is keeping quiet until they make the impossible happen... till then, you guys can be glad to be even playing games on a N10 or N10+ with the latest OS updates considering its hardware architecture upon date of release... I hope this might put a bit of perspective on the side of dissapointment, as I am also on that side and just some feedback atleast, would be great SAMSUNG

0 Likes