Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps suddenly closing (minimize) while typing

(Topic created on: 15-07-2021 10:24 AM)
Ames
Apprentice
Options

Hey everyone, 

I've been using my Note 10+ for two months now. 

I don't remember it being like this in the beginning but sometimes while I'm typing something - doesn't matter in which app; it can be whatsapp, twitter, instagram, and so on - the app suddenly closes and takes me to the main screen.

Like i wrote in the title, the app minimizes and it keeps running in the background.

It does not crash; i dont get any error messages. 

It's just annoying how im typing something and suddenly im in the main screen. 

In the beginning i thought i keep touching the "back" button while im typing but i made sure i wasnt doing that and the app still minimizes...

Is there anyone that has experienced something similar? 

If so, could you share any solution to this?

Thanks!

28 REPLIES 28
kawebs
First Poster
Options

a bit late here, but I've had this issue too and what helped me was going to swipe gestures > more options and then selecting swipe from bottom rather than sides and bottom. took a while for me to get used to, but it stopped messenger from minimising when typing so worth it. 

0 Likes
kawebs
First Poster
Options

reducing my gesture sensitivity to the lowest setting allowed me to keep sides and bottom setting, so I guess both work on a low sensitivity 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Yes. Bad design. Mine kinda got fixed, I'm using SwiftKey keyboard it okay. 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Yes, a bad design... My SwiftKey keyboard is working fine now. 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
viniciusccm
First Poster
Options

Same here but with the s10e

Dav1d993
Apprentice
Options

Okay, common issue on Android I believe. Try going to settings on your phone, and finding "SHOW BUTTON TO HIDE KEYBOARD" and disabling that. Also, try lowering the GESTURE SENSITIVITY for your NAVIGATION BAR. You're probably closing the app on accident from touching the bottom of the screen without realizing it. Try these two suggestions [=

0 Likes
Jmann408
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue when I'm trying to text something and it takes me out of the current text and **bleep** me back at all my recent texts. Super annoying!! Try this, because now I am having no issues. I turned on the high contrast keyboard in settings. Hope it works for you!

0 Likes
Mr_Robot
First Poster
Options

Late post but I was googling for a  solution for this happening on my S22, and I think I found a solution that has seemed to help me. 

Everytime I typed fast everything would randomly close so I figured it had to be my fingers or the spacebar itself being too close to the bottom 3 buttons (the 3 lines/square/chevron are showing I dont have swipe turned on). 

Solutions:

1) open up Keyboard settings: Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard Settings > scroll down to Size and Transparency. I adjusted the keyboard size to be higher, drag up from the top bar to expand the size. This made the spacebar bigger and not as close to the bottom. 

2) under Keyboard Settings > Swipe, Touch and Feedback > turn off all the possible gesture options: Keyboard Swipe Controls (off), Touch and Hold Spacebar (off).

Maybe its luck but it hasnt happened since I played around with the keyboard settings. Hopefully this helps someone along with the other suggestions here. 

0 Likes
Nandolorian
First Poster
Options

I've had this happen periodically on every samsung I've owned since I bought one about 4 years ago. Just had it happen again then. 

0 Likes