Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps suddenly closing (minimize) while typing

(Topic created on: 08-08-2020 02:16 PM)
Ames
Apprentice
Options

Hey everyone, 

I've been using my Note 10+ for two months now. 

I don't remember it being like this in the beginning but sometimes while I'm typing something - doesn't matter in which app; it can be whatsapp, twitter, instagram, and so on - the app suddenly closes and takes me to the main screen.

Like i wrote in the title, the app minimizes and it keeps running in the background.

It does not crash; i dont get any error messages. 

It's just annoying how im typing something and suddenly im in the main screen. 

In the beginning i thought i keep touching the "back" button while im typing but i made sure i wasnt doing that and the app still minimizes...

Is there anyone that has experienced something similar? 

If so, could you share any solution to this?

Thanks!

28 REPLIES 28
Wuzzybear
Pathfinder
Options
omg me too so annoying,only had the s20 plus about 2 weeks,dont remember this with the s10
Itai590
First Poster
Options

I have this strange issue too.

Swipe-to-text disabled.

Galaxy S20, Android 10, One UI 2.5

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Now it's even more sensitive with the OneUi 2.5, it minimizes my screen with one hand operation when trying to swipe down the YouTube small view tab... 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
BeautyofIslam
First Poster
Options

Is there any solution? It keeps happening, and it is so anoying

0 Likes
drive88mph
Journeyman
Options

Dame thing here but the only thing that closes is the keyboard. When I'm typing the keyboard slides down and have to touch the text field again to show it back again. I'm using google keyboard this doesn't happen with samsung keyboard for some reason

0 Likes
AnthonyT11
Explorer
Options
This happens to me whenever I'm replying to a friend in the Bubble version of Facebook Messenger, whilst using the Swipe to type function. It would also happen when I type normally also. I should add that I use the gesture functions. It's pretty annoying tbh. Also, when you open a picture file on fb messenger, and try to back out, instead of exiting the photo and returning to the conversation, it minimises the chat. Not sure if it's a FB issue or update issue
0 Likes
Dav1d993
Apprentice
Options

This happens to me often and it's very frustrating to be concentrating on typing and seeing your screen minimize and/or switch apps... try removing the "hide keyboard button" first. Next u can try lowering the touch sensitivity zone of the navigation bar...... that's all I got. I'm hoping the next android [12] OS will fix this. 

-galaxy Fold 2 android 11

0 Likes
Dav1d993
Apprentice
Options

You might have assisted touch on or something in your ACCESSIBILITY SETTINGS.. 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Nope. 

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Samsung doesn't care, clearly.