Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 made upper part of the screen useless in landscape mode (and Internet)

(Topic created on: 21-01-2020 03:15 PM)
CountTuscany
Apprentice
Options

Dear Samsung, please fix this nonsense!Screenshot_20200118-181323_Hangouts.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@CountTuscany: When the phone is in portrait mode, the area you've highlighted is where the Notification Bar would sit. When you turn it to portrait, it leaves this area blank. I understand that it creates a minor symmetry problem, however this is due to the Navigation Bar being hidden in Full Screen Gesture mode.
0 Likes
CountTuscany
Apprentice
Options

Not sure I understand the relation between the Notification Bar and the Navigation Bar. The gap is there with and without navigation bar.

On the other hand, Maps fully utilizes the screen in both portrait and landscape mode. Why is that?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Sorry for the confusion. With the Navigation bar in place (not hidden) it makes the keyboard position look more central and draws less attention to the gap left by the Notification Bar. I checked Google Maps in landscape and this also left a gap where the Notification Bar would be in portrait. I do understand your concerns, however this is likely to be a design choice influenced by the positioning of the camera.
0 Likes