Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andriod 12 - Note10+

(Topic created on: 10-03-2022 10:33 PM)
Fluxx
Student
Options

Hi all i have the note 10+ ,

Im from ireland and i cant update to andriod 12, my girlfriend has the s10 and she recieved the update can anyone give me insight to why i cant get it 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
HM9K
Pioneer
Options
not by any means an expert but this is a common trend involving android and updating devices.
basically comapnies have to ensure that the next version of android released is compatible with each device that still recives support by its organisation.
for example, samsung stated their devices get around 2-4 years of support before discontinuing software updates. the s10 line up are still eligible for software updates so they are still optimising those devices for android 12. the reason not all samsung devices that are stilll eligible arent updated at the same time is because samsung focuses one 1 line up at a time to monitor it and ensure there are no performance issues or bugs. the s21 line up took priority in updates since it was the latest before the s22.

hopefully that answers your question
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Fluxx 

As well as checking in your phone's software update section also try using Samsung Smartswitch. 

Updates are sent out in batches in connection to Region, phone model and phone serial build and serial number.

This maybe the reason your girlfriends phone has had the update.

Also some networks ask Samsung to hold back se ding the update to their branded phone's i.e phone's supplied by them while they test the update to ensure nothing clashes with their network apps and features.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Fluxx
Student
Options

Hi all, i got sorted :smiling-face: the update was region locked i used a vpn to change my location to poland from where the phone was from,

The one ui 4.0 update immidatly showed up thanks all 

0 Likes