Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After phone call the screen still black

(Topic created on: 16-12-2020 01:51 PM)
Desideskata
Student
Options

Hello,

When I start a call and move the phone near to my ear the screen goes off. When I finish the call the screen is still off and I can not close the call. I need to turn on the screen with the power button and after that the screen goes on.

How can I fix that? When I move the phone away from my ear I want the screen to go on.

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Desideskata 

Sounds like the proximity sensor.

Just as a quick process of elimination can you please put your phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones Live and then see what happens just to see if it is an causing this.

"Hardware test: go over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests.

Check the sensor.

If necessary you may need to let a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre have hands on.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Desideskata
Student
Options

Thanks for the fast reply!

See the attached s reenshot.

Which is the proximity sensor?

This is absolutly not comfotable. If I have call on hold or call on the second line. I can not see it.

Screenshot_20200309-225817_HwModuleTest.jpg

I will appreciate your support.

Best regards

0 Likes
Daphne77
Apprentice
Options

hi

i have the same problem and dont know how to fix it. 

Did you fix yours? if so how?

Thanx

lovemoon11
Apprentice
Options

Hi I have same problem with my Note 10 plus

I used this code to check 

*#77692#

and the sensor work perfectly

but the issue not solved

any idea?!1

jb-007
Apprentice
Options

*#77692# works on Galaxy S20 as well. It looks like proximity sensor is turned off each time I start the test and it doesn't work, ofc. But there is also button to turn it on and everything works then... Maybe it is turned off in Settings somewhere but I cannot find setting like that...

0 Likes
SparrowTZ
First Poster
Options

Hey, can confirm that I have the same issue on Galaxy S20 FE. Did you manage to solve it?

0 Likes