Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g mode slowing my 4g speeds

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 07:14 PM)
Foxyfox8511
Explorer
Options
Please can someone help,since I bought the note 10 5g my 4g speeds have been terrible after months of ringing o2 and samung iv found out for me self whats the problem.if I have 5g lte 3g 2g auto connect selected then my 4g speeds are around 2-4 mbs down but if i select the 4g 3g 2g auto connect then my speeds are fantastic,bearing in mind there's no 5g where I live so why would the 5g mode slow my 4g thanks lee
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@Foxyfox8511: Bit of a puzzling one. With 5G/LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) enabled, the phone will search for the strongest available signal in your area. If there are no 5G service in your area, and O2 have confirmed this, then attempting to connect to 5G might produce a weaker overall Mobile Data signal (although this is admittedly a complete guess). I'd recommend getting clarity from O2 about which regions currently support 5G though, so you can take advantage of the speeds if you're ever in one of the designated areas.
0 Likes
Foxyfox8511
Explorer
Options
o2 don't seem to know, all they said it could be a software issue.for me I don't know why having the 5g/lte/3g/2g auto connect selected when I'm connected to the same mast as if I select the 4g/3g/2g auto connectwould slow my 4g speeds by that much,iv got a funny feeling the 5g nod in the handset could interfering with the 4g just a guess but when no one knows either from o2 or samung what can I do, iv turned the 5g mode off for now and I'm getting fantastic speeds but when 5g becomes available in my area I'm gunna have to keep swoping my settings every time I go out of range of 5g
0 Likes
Foxyfox8511
Explorer
Options
my 4g speed with the 5g mode on is around 2-4mbs with 5g off I'm getting around 15-17 mbs where I live
0 Likes
Foxyfox8511
Explorer
Options
0 Likes