Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issue causing apps to crash

(Topic created on: 25-03-2020 08:44 AM)
stna1981
Pioneer
Options

Hello,

the Note10 seems to have a strange WiFi issue which causes certain apps to crash. Examples in my case are Google Cloud Print and Google Pay in combination with Commerzbank App (for approving the sign in). If WiFi is disabled, the apps do not crash.

This issue is also reported in other forum, also at google, but as different apps are affected, I think its an issue with the Note10. Is Samsung aware of this issue and when can we expect a patch for it?

Best regards

Stefan

27 REPLIES 27
lbbo77
First Poster
Options

Same issue with Canon print. 

The problem is on Samsung devices not on Google. 

I have s10+

0 Likes
stna1981
Pioneer
Options

If the issue is at Google, then it wont be fixed anymore as Cloud Print will be discontinued end of this year, so they will not invest anymore into this product.

0 Likes
kadirackgz
First Poster
Options

Like Ibbo77 said it is not related to google. It crashes with all kind of print plugins.

0 Likes
Ten0ri0
First Poster
Options

I installed "Epson Print Enabler" from Play store and it fixed the issue for me (Note 10+). Hope it works 

0 Likes
stna1981
Pioneer
Options

So if its a Samsung issue why are they not fixing it finally?

0 Likes
SamSamSamSam
First Poster
Options

Same issue here but in different app any updates?????. Note9

0 Likes
SteveChinnery
First Poster
Options

Hey.

Try this. Open Chrome and go to use cloud print with your WiFi setting on. As it's loop crashing, turn off WiFi so you're just using data. This should stop the crashing. Then, turn the WiFi back on. 

This stopped the crashing using WiFi for me ( Note 10 ) . I tried closing the app completely and restarting using wifi and it's still stable. Worth a try!

0 Likes
ubiquist
Navigator
Options

This is a google cloud print issue only. Uninstallg googlecloud print and the native print app will work again. You can either add an app extension for your preferred printer. Or, as a workaround, install printer share as a printer and connect printer share to your Google cloud printer (no need to install the *****ty google app in this solution)! @SteveChinnery : Unfortunately, your fix seems to change the problem only until the next print job and then forceclose happens again. 

Marc - Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G - Galaxy Watch4 Classic
0 Likes