Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible stutter on note 10+ 5g using LDAC at 990 kbs (optimised for best audio)

(Topic created on: 03-02-2020 09:25 PM)
P50kombi
First Poster
Options

Hi, I can't seem to use ldac on the highest quality settings. 

The music just stutters like crazy, highest I can go seems to be 660kbs.

I never had this issue with other brands, like HTC. 

When using pie, I could use the workaround of disabling location, although that is not ideal at all, at least there would be less stutter. 

Since updating to android q, no matter what I try, music just stutters like crazy using LDAC at 990 kbs. 

Can't be right for a flagship phone.

Using fully stock note 10+ 5g on latest update (Jan security patch) 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Szymon2020
Apprentice
Options

You are not alone. I'm so angry at Samsung. They should fix it ASAP. I got 2 pairs of pretty expensive headphones just for the max LDAC quality...

I have reported this twice using Samsung members app and got info it will be fixed in next update.

This issue is very annoying.

I hope they'll fix it soon...

0 Likes
Quan9
First Poster
Options

You are not alone... the only way you can enjoy 990kbps is play the music and off the screen or lock the screen, u can enjoy the perfect sound, but once there are notification come in or turn on the screen, it go back to the terrible stutter mode , other wise, it can only work at 660kbps with screen on

0 Likes
Noaid2
Student
Options

I have the same on my A51 with Android 10 with latest updates from the  very beginning. I have no problem on old S7.

0 Likes
JohnieWalker007
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with Galaxy  s10 on Qualcom chipset.  But the problem goes away when the screen is off. Don't have any problem with LDAC 990k on Galaxy Tab 6 regardless what I do or watch on the screen of the tablet. Now considering Sony Xperia 5ii as my next phone. Too bad Samsung ignores the issue.

0 Likes
JohnieWalker007
First Poster
Options

Samsung,  please fix LDAC 990K PROBLEM , Sony is bringing a strong competitor soon Xperia 5 II focused on Hi Res wireless audio and strong   camera. Will be sad to jump off a Samsung wagon after riding since Galaxy S3.

0 Likes