Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TALK TO TEXT NEVER WORKS AND I CANT GET HELP..

(Topic created on: 10-12-2020 10:36 AM)
EloSl33ps
Student
Options

IM SO FRUSTRATED SAMSUNG... on all of my devices i have both note 10s the plus and the regular and got them last year.. now i just bought the galaxy tab s7 plus and IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM ive talked to 6 people on the phone and managers NONE of which could help me ... im this close to sending all of these back i would really like to ve able to use (TALK TO TEXT) NOT text to speech like everything keeps telling me to do BUT THATS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT FEATURE DOES THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT IM ASKING HELP FOR.. if anyone actually knows where i can get help please because this is so frustrating everyday my TALK TO TEXT isnt working on any devices and i have great internet this is really ******* me off...

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AntS
Options

Hi @EloSl33ps ,

No doubt it is.

And at the risk of being yet another person who can't help you (and you throwing stuff at me lol), I think what you're after would work by enabling and using Bixby dictation.

Tried it out on my UK S10, and it worked. To enable it, I opened Bixby (side /Bixby key) > Menu (three lines on the top left) > Settings (cogwheel) > [scroll down] > Bixby dictation [slide the slider to enable/disable]. I then just pressed and held the Bixby button whenever I had the Samsung keyboard open, and it turned my speech into text.

Might be different for you though. I found this guide on the US Samsung site that has slightly different steps for example: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076954/ 

And, unsure from your post if you've already tried it. But let me know if this helps in any case. (*prepares to duck flying devices being thrown my way*)

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I have tried it a few times and can confirm that Bixby Dictation seems to work pretty well, hopefully will work for you in Us @EloSl33ps .

@AntS @EloSl33ps might not be able to cause too much damage 😀

However somehow a pile of gooey gunge has landed all over me 😅

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
MichaelUK
Explorer
Options
is this when you tap the microphone icon In the keyboard?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MichaelUK  Simply  press and hold Bixby Button and speak,  ensuring Bixby Dictation is enabled.  Tapping the Microphone Icon worked ok when I tried a short message but may not be as effective.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes