Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications don't wake up the screen - I've tried everything. Pls help.

(Topic created on: 20-10-2020 12:24 AM)
DonSilvioManuel
Student
Options

Hi all,

let's make the distinction between lock screen and when the display is off.

I simply cannot fathom, that on a device like the Note 10+, which is supposed to be used for work, your mobile office, the ONLY way to see notifications when the display is OFF - which is most of the time - is through the extremely limited Edge lighting effects and the extremely limited and inconspicuous way that it shows the notifications - in a tiny, quickly disappearing window...

Am I missing something? Do I _really_ have to download a third party app - which will need to read all my notification content to function - in order to accomplish something so simple that my previous 4 year old Huawei would do by default - wake up display when it is off and show the god ***** notification in a legible format for a reasonable amount of time?

I've been trying to fix this for months now - the interdependence between notifications in general and on the lock screen and on the always on display and the edge lighting is really a very bad implementation, to say the least.

Any ideas how to get notifications to wake the screen when it is off, beside the edge lighting???

Many thanks in advance.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
settings> notifications scroll all the way down to notifications (lock screen) view style chance to details. also make sure your phone is not on do not disturb. I can't be 100% if this will solve it. hope it helps.
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
also try settings and go down to lock screen make sure notifications are turned on
DonSilvioManuel
Student
Options

Hi, yes I checked, but all the mentioned options are on. DND is off and I never use it, all other options have been tweaked supposedly to show notifications, but all of them are for the lock screen. The only thing that seems to have any relation to showing notifications when the display is off is the edge lighting function. This is ridiculous. Showing notifications is almost the most basic function of a phone.

0 Likes