Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Notes \ Neat Shapes (using S Pen) ... issue, feature not working

(Topic created on: 22-08-2020 09:54 AM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

Before I explain this issue, my Note 10+ is up to date having just received the August 1 Android security patch level yesterday, 13 August 2020.

OK.  I watched a video from Sakitech and learned about this Notes \ S Pen feature that I never knew existed, Neat Shapes (as well as Easy writing pad).

This feature can be found here - Samsung Notes, click on the three horizontal bars, Click on settings, scroll  down to Add-ons \ Neat Shapes \ and then enable.  It's very well hidden.  :smiling-face:

In the drawing mode of Notes, you quick click on the Neat Shape icon on the bottom of the opened Note.  This icon is a  triangle intersecting a circle. 

When you hover the stylus of the S Pen over the screen, you'll see a five pointed star which indicates you are now in Neat Shapes.  This feature should make my hand drawn circle, rectangle, straight line, whatever, look perfect.

Well, that doesn't happen.  From that video I mentioned, this feature will very quickly correct my hand drawn objects, and make them perfect. 

I have spent considerable time with this and cannot get this to work.  As an aside, the Easy writing pad feature also included in Add-ons, which I mentioned earlier, works just fine.

Before I spend more time on this, is this me or is this a glitch in Notes \ S Pen?

Thanks in advance, Dave Horne - Vught, The Netherlands

This added ... here is a link to the YouTube video.  If this isn't permitted, delete this link. 

https://youtu.be/Il32SuaFPks

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
3 REPLIES 3
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Watch the video again , its exactly the same as you're describing ?
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
Solution
ExxInferis
Student
Options

Hi. I had this issue and was able to resolve it.  

I updated the app via the Google play store. This on its own didn't fix it. I then noticed I could update further from the Galaxy store. Then it works fine. It also added a dark mode for the note background! 

Hope this helps. 

davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

Your suggestion worked! 

Thank you! 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes