Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ Pre-Order Cancelled with no warning

(Topic created on: 14-08-2019 11:31 AM)
Cwiver
Journeyman
Options

Today i recieved an email from Samsung Shop UK telling me that my order of the Note 10+ 5G has been cancelled. I pre-ordered on Announcement Day (8th August)

There is no explanation or reason why, so I call up the samsung shop team. They tell me they dont know why its been cancelled, they dont have an update and they can't even tell me if my finance agreement with Samsung Upgrade Programme (Klarna) has also been cancelled?

Currently £130 despit out of pocket (with a finance agreement) and NO ORDER. 

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

33 REPLIES 33
Sheepo
Explorer
Options

Very dissapointing considering ordered during the launch. Same to me from Samsung no stock hence cancellation and error on the website still showing stock.

TracyR
Options

This has been escalated and I've got the following reply for you all that will be sent out to all affected customers: 

"We recently received notification your purchase was cancelled. This was due to the popularity of the item you selected causing the stock levels to run out. If you wish to reapply please feel free to do so, however if the item is still out of stock then the application will not go through, you can either select a new device or alternatively if you do wish to wait for your original selection you can sign up for stock alerts by clicking on this link, then requesting stock alerts on right-hand side: https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-note10plus-sm-n976-5g/SM-N976BZKEBTU/buy/ "

If you have any questions in regards to your credit file please contact Klarna directly at: https://www.klarna.com/uk/customer-service/

Please keep an eye on your inbox/junk/spam folders for this. 

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Cwiver
Journeyman
Options

Why would they Cancel the pre-orders rather than just inform them there'd be a delay to delivery? Cancelling the orders put the people who Pre-ordered first, at the back of the queue? I ordered on the 8th, now I have to wait until they're back in stock to even order it again?

Sheepo
Explorer
Options
Standard we take your money but don't give one answer.
Seriously P'd at this. Just send me one when they have the stock. Didnt think about another hard search on my file either. Even more annoyed now. I want to know how they ran out out when my order was placed during the launch event and it only comes to light now.
Sheepo
Explorer
Options

And the one i ordered still says pre order.Screenshot_2019-08-14 Pre-order Galaxy Note 10 Note 10+ Price Offers Samsung UK.png

satty2k9
Apprentice
Options

My order says prepering dispatch .

did anyone have prepering dispatch before it was cancelled.

0 Likes
Sheepo
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately i purchased as a guest in my my haste/excitement and was chasing my order from launch until today so never seen any progress.

I would be (jealously) optimistic about your order.

0 Likes
James_s_collins
Student
Options

Same for me.  I phoned up and was told it was because there was "no stock" to which I then asked, why don't you just hold my order until you have some stock, then?  The answer was "we don't know when we are getting any".  This looks like a manufacturing delay to me, in which case I would imagine all the retailers are in the same boat....  The lady invited me to try re-ordering in 48 hours, and it would "just be cancelled again if there was still no stock".  I explained that if I was applying for credit every 48 hours, my credit record would be seriously jeapordised, but bless her, she had absolutely no clue what I meant.  I've officially given up!

0 Likes
Sheepo
Explorer
Options

Raised via the CEO link and this response. I told them to do one as dont want another hard search due to remortgage but "Please allow 3-5 working days for refund to reflect on your original form of payment due to cut off times. However, we raised your query within our Samsung Management and I'm glad to offer you a £50 voucher code that you can use on your next purchase. This voucher can be applied on any items from Samsung Online Shop and will expire after three months. Please be informed that vouchers don't work on Samsung Employee Purchase and student portal as most items there are already discounted. Please be informed also that order total must be higher than the value of the voucher for it to be applied. Make sure to log in with your Samsung account or create one using the email address used on your previous order for you to be able to use the voucher code."

Hope it helps someone

0 Likes
Ugghh
First Poster
Options

It's such an absolute joke.

I had my pre-order cancelled yesterday due to these stock issues. The website says they re now back in stock already but like others I've been told I still have to reorder.

When I mentioned my concerns about my credit score they claimed that it would have no impact as they have contacted the credit company Klarna. I am highly dubious of this claim.

I spoke to Klarna customer support but I'm waiting on an email back from their credit team.

Now I can't even reorder as my Samsung Upgrade Centre is saying I have already upgraded.  🤬

Back on the phone to Samsung and they've asked me to "extend my patience" as it will take another 48 hours to fix this added problem.

0 Likes