Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

note 10 plus software update not working with galaxy theme

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 03:27 AM)
Jason24
Explorer
Options

I like the galaxy theme keyboards and after the software update I got on April 1st, the theme background applies but not the keyboard. Does this happen to any one else? 

35 REPLIES 35
Jason24
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the reply! 

Yes, I feel the same way. Maybe we can try to get someone's attentions about this and get it to work! I'm just not sure who to contact for this. Does anyone have some suggestions?

Brian_Matthews
Student
Options

I'm not sure who or where to direct the issue to. If history adds any reference, Samsung wouldn't largely care anyway. I've seen from folks that received update a month ago still having issues despite raising havoc to the rafters. I know that for myself, I'm going to keep up my daily complaints to their customer support email (even though I keep getting canned "solutions" that don't remotely solve anything & essentially blames me for the issue...hence why I was grateful for your post having same issues), complaining as loudly as I can to anyone that will listen with any power to get Samsung to listen (who? I'm still trying to work on that), try to keep checking on this board to hopefully support others dealing with their themes completely screwed up by One UI 2.1, & lastly, not purchasing ANY themes until this is fixed (Not that I find it particularly smart to purchase a theme that I don't know what all it's composed of). Maybe if enough of us do the same things, we can be at least annoying enough that Samsung issues a patch. I'm still flummoxed as to why it would have to come to that considering the cost of these hand-held computers. I'm not really sure if any other Samsung model is having similar problems with the themes not applying properly,  but I have seen customers owning Note 10's having issues from day one of update. So that is a month gone by. But for that matter, how long did it takes for the Note 10 fix for Notistar in Good Lock. And I am all too aware a global pandemic going on & things take longer to get corrected. But for that matter, since the dawn of system updates, there are NO perfect updates. Knowing that, & knowing that any solutions to the inevitable glitches will take longer, why force irreversible updates on your high end phone users? 

Anyway, before I get much further down this rabbit hole, & since I am probably preaching to the choir, I'll end with "thank you!" I'm grateful to know that I'm not the only one with these issues (but not that we have to deal with them in the first place! 🙂) And if you figure out where to direct ire, let me know! I will do the same (if I don't chuck my phone @ a hard surface out of frustration 😤 first!)

Thank you also of the message kudos...I'm still figuring out the board! Been a Samsung user since Note 3, but just got reacquainted with Samsung Members site. 

Keeping fingers crossed 🤞 that Themes issue resolved soon! In the meantime, be well!

Brian

Jason24
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your input! 

I agree on what you said about us high end users having these problems and not doing much about it. I really like Samsung's hand held computers alot and do not wish to switch over to the dark side (iphones) and probably never will. This small problem is just annoying because some of us pay money for these themes that give us the ability to change and customize our devices which we pay a hefty price for. I'm waiting for the next note to be released and I am willing to pay the price tag that will be attached to it but I would really like to see that the fix be corrected. 

If anyone has some contacts or ways to contact somenone about this, please let us know. Thanks! 

Dianna829
First Poster
Options

I know what you mean. I have purchased themes for the keyboard and now it doesn't even work 😑 

Jason24
Explorer
Options

I didnt know how many people were actually experiencing this problem. I thought that it was only me because I havent seen any other post about this. 

gazerr
Student
Options

same here after i got the update today

Theresa10
Apprentice
Options

I've had the same issue. I am particular about my keyboard and pay for some themes and now none of them work. I hope there's a fix

sjeanlynk
Journeyman
Options

I have the S10 and I too am disappointed with the new update causing the bland and boring keyboards. They were so nice and vibrant. I actually am angry over it as well, I spent quite a bit of money customizing my phone, the keyboard was my favorite part, only to have it vanish. 

Hopefully the next update will fix the issue. 

Jason24
Explorer
Options

Oh, i thought it was just notes that were affected by this.  How do we put a bigger spot light on this issue so it can get fixed? 

sjeanlynk
Journeyman
Options

Samsung is already aware. Unfortunately Screenshot_20200530-112740_Samsung Cloud.jpg

0 Likes