Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTE 10 plus data connection issues

(Topic created on: 20-09-2019 02:16 PM)
HaytchG
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I have purchased a note 10 plus over a week ago and I have been getting really bad internet connection. I have raised the issue many times with my phone carrier but they are not helping in any way. Today I decided to put my sim card into my old iPhone 8 plus and my internet works perfectly fine. Is the issue with the phone in this case? Or could it still my phone providers fault? Any suggestions on how to solve this annoying problem will be highly appreciated. Thanks :sun-with-face:

30 REPLIES 30
Bdpgroovin
Student
Options

I am using Verizon in the US.  The APN is set to the correct network, and I don't see any options to change it to something different. 

0 Likes
Sunlight888
Journeyman
Options

It is Jio in India  Calcutta to be precise . 

0 Likes
Rsblessed
First Poster
Options

I may have stumbled onto something.  I hope it will help others. Please let me know if it helps you (verifying that this is a true fix). My Note 10+ 5G was painfully slow using DATA, but not wifi. I tried almost all of the remedies mentioned in this thread (all but clearing the cache partition and factory reset. Those would be least desirable AND least likely for me, imo). During my search I ran across an article that spoke of two internet speed testing sites. One is called speedtest.net and they have an app in the Google store. Under tools it has a Live test which automatically uses their VPN. My phone has normal to high internet speeds with this running. I'm still troubleshooting to figure out the WHY, but my phone works! Hallelujah 

0 Likes
Terencelee
First Poster
Options

I installed two sim card since day 1 I hv my note 10+ 2 months ago. It is always sim 1 mobile data while sim 2 restricted mobile roaming only. Today I back to sim2 country and I changed sim 2 as main sim while sim 1 is changed to restricted mobile roaming. It worked fine but an hour later both mobile network were disconnected. I rebooted the phone and both mobile network restored but this time it only last few minutes and both mobile network were disconnected again. I reset network in general management and this time it seems working fine now after an hour. May be reset network will help you too. 

0 Likes
beachgirl1969
First Poster
Options

So how do you manually change the APN?

0 Likes
Sunlight888
Journeyman
Options

My network is Gio in India. Its a high speed network and my hubby will be next to me with the same Gio sim, having high speed Internet. My speed will be in kbps his in the higher mbps (35). Apn settings are all perfect.. Help pls

0 Likes
Sunlight888
Journeyman
Options
Thanks will try
0 Likes
Sunlight888
Journeyman
Options
Look up the apn settings online for your sim, then put them in settings..
0 Likes
Terencelee
First Poster
Options
APN & data settings
  1. From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap the Connections tab.
  4. Tap More networks.
  5. Tap Mobile networks.
  6. Tap Access Point Names.
  7. If available, tap the T-Mobile US APN (the bullet point fills with green). If not available, tap the Menu key, and then tap New APN. ...
  8. Tap the Menu key.
0 Likes
davidsr
First Poster
Options

I've got same problem, 4g data is so slow. Yet 5g is as it should be. I've reset my phone to factory,  but no change. Network reset from Vodafone twice. But still same. So must be my note 10 plus 5g. How do I get samsung to replace my 4g modem..

0 Likes