Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 plus clear view case enable always on

(Topic created on: 05-09-2019 03:27 PM)
mrmarct
First Poster
Options

I have Just purchased the Clear view case for my note 10 plus and can't seem to figure out how to stop the clear view case time from dissapearing after 10 seconds. I have the always on display enabled but cant seem to find anything specifically for the case.

7 REPLIES 7
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

I was reading about the same problem with other model in May, a firmware update fixed last problem.

Wait an official solution by a Moderator. Other people can answer you too, similar to me.

Please to meet you @mrmarct and welcome to Samsung Community, you can check other post or visit our Samsung Lounge and participate if you want.

0 Likes
MichalPirat
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I am frustrated from this issue as well. All information which I am found are, that this is normal behavior and it is not possible to change it.

I am found similar posts regarding Clear view case several years old, so it is probably something about which Samsung don't care at all 😞

0 Likes
RpBP
Mastermind
Options

If I do not remember well in Advanced Features > Accessories > Clear View Cover, you will have a few options about Case, but I thing you can not change the timeout of the case as always. I do not meet a extra power option to be on all the time, I will try to found a APP or something and I will let you there if I have news.

0 Likes
MichalPirat
Apprentice
Options
This is correct, only available options auto unlocking after cover open and Text direction setting in cover window.

Personally I suppose that it shouldn't be anything diffucult add cover AOD options here.
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

With AOD enabled :

- open your cover

- turn your screen off -> AOD is displayed

- double tab on the clock, icons appear below

- hit the gear icon

- scroll down in the options and turn the "do not display when... is closed" OFF

Now you will get AOD all the time below the cover glass. But you can not change it, and will not display notifications.

MichalPirat
Apprentice
Options
Yes, I know this, but it is not solution, because notifications are not shown, how you wrote.

I simply don't understand, why Samsung didn't fixed this already, people are complain about clear view cover several years already.
UxTomic
First Poster
Options

Hi, I don't know if this was already mentioned. Good workaround to use with your Clear View case is  to actually enable the Lift to wake option from Motions and gestures in advanced features menu. That way you can tilt your phone and access the lock screen animation you get when you close the case. I was also frustrated with lack of good AOD support and figured out this is the next best thing to view notifications and change songs on music player without opening the case. Hope this helps.