Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Note 10+ favourite callers amd Do Not Disturb

(Topic created on: 31-07-2020 09:34 PM)
Evie123
Explorer
Options

Hi, can anyone tell me how to set exceptions for callers on Do Not Disturb mode?

I have no star next callers names to create favourites, some callers have a sim icon, but most have nothing. Help! Driving me nuts 🤪

Thanks for reading.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Evie123
Explorer
Options

Very odd isnt it? Wonder if it is anything to do with not having used the feature before on previous phones? I've always copied all my old phone info over to a new phone. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

It is indeed very odd. :thinking-face: I’ve never used that feature either, but when I transferred my data over from my old iPhone that ‘star’ was just there in my S10’s Phone app contact cards. I used Samsung Smart Switch for that transfer.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Whilst I have an S10 rather than Note 10, generally also do not need exceptions in the  DND mode.   Mostly use it overnight mind you.     However obviously good for folk to know the precise procedure.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Killjoy098
First Poster
Options
that helped significantly. It must have changed with the last big update
0 Likes
terids
Student
Options

Ok...I already knew and did this. The issue isn't that the calls don't go through...the issue is the calls ring through but I cannot answer them. So then I have to wait and call the person back. How do I answer these calls??

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

@terids wrote:

Ok...I already knew and did this. The issue isn't that the calls don't go through...the issue is the calls ring through but I cannot answer them. So then I have to wait and call the person back. How do I answer these calls??

Press volume up to answer might help till you find the actual problem,

Settings>accessibility>interaction and dexterity>answering and ending calls and activate the feature. Hopefully volume up will work when you cannot answer by your screens display.

terids
Student
Options

THANK YOU. That worked. 

Now, could you teach the so-called "customer support" folks at Samsung about this?? Not only do they not read my responses, they are just plain clueless.

Evie123
Explorer
Options

Yes have to either find someone knowledgeable here or work it out ourselves 🙄

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

To be honest, I doubt that anyone knows all the hidden features in your phone, even I don't know everything (Well I'm very much aware for of the majority of the features). But accessibility is a section that never really interested me 😅 

0 Likes
Evie123
Explorer
Options

😆 yes way too much capability and I really don't want to know a lot of it! As with so much in life these days, by the time you get the official line, you've worked out a solution anyways!

0 Likes