Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10 cracked screen

(Topic created on: 18-02-2020 06:35 AM)
dcavni
Explorer
Options

A month old. From day 1 in Spigen Ultra Hybrid case and last two weeks with Whitestone dome screen protector. I took it from the pocket in the evening (i was driving with the car before when i put it in the pocket after a call and it was ok) and found this. It cracked above the power button throughout the whole screen. The crack on the screen protector above that one was made by me, when i was checking if the screen actualy cracked. The screen and touch still works fine. How is this even possible, that the screen cracks inside the front pants pocket by itself? Aren't phones designed for carrying them in pocket? There was nothing else in the pocket that could cause the crack and also, the crack started at the very beggining of the glass 2 mm inside the case. I found some simillar cases of spontaneus cracks in the same way on the Samsung phones on the internet. It looks like manufacture defect, but how to proove it to the Samsung service center? I have had only Samsung phones until now and also in the family we have 3 more and not even 1 had a broken screen until now. I will certanly rethink my brand decision if i will have to pay for apparent manufacturing defect even for the price of loosing S-pen.

The realy expensive phone is becoming even more expensive...

109 REPLIES 109
ChrisNunn
Pioneer
Options

Call and escalate the call to a.higher lever.  At one point I was texting with someone sending them pics of the screen while we were talking on the phone.   He was so ignorant.  He said "I got the pics..  yeah..  you dropped it..".  I wanted to snap.  I never dropped that ***** phone.  Then I go on here and see pics of the same cracks on people's posts as mine.  Grrrrrrrr.  What a nightmare.  They were all very rude to me and I just kept being polite because I knew if I 2ws rude back that would be it.  I still got nowhere.  I really was shocked when it showed up at the door fixed because they pretty well told me to float.   

0 Likes
MicheleBelotti
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the advice.

ChrisNunn
Pioneer
Options

Best of luck to you. 

0 Likes
MariePopik
Apprentice
Options

How about all of us Here compose an e-mail  and everyone sends it to all Employees of Samsung? 😀 you can literally find their details on Linkedin 😀

I'm still upset about my phone.. didn't  get it fixed since it happened after Xmass  and waiting for price for repair to drop 😔

For the first time in my life actually thinking of converting to Apple with my next phone.. such a shame 

MicheleBelotti
Journeyman
Options

I had great experience with Apple customer service: my laptop had an issue, the was a recall program but I did not find in time about that. However the service took my device after that time and fixed it for free.

Here at Samsung I got rude employee for a 2.5 month old product ... and it's their "flagship" product.

MicheleBelotti
Journeyman
Options

I spoke with Samsung supervisor. Very kind and understanding person. Completely different than the customer's care. I wish I would find him earlier

Lizzys66
Student
Options
0 Likes
Lizzys66
Student
Options

I included 2 pics of my phone of the back cracking from power buttons. This has nothing to do with the front plastic protector

0 Likes
touki
Journeyman
Options

Samsung are a joke for not adressing this or taking this seriously

ChrisNunn
Pioneer
Options

This situation is wild.  I've been called a liar by people all over the planet yet I see the same thing happening to others.  Samsung were sort ignorant to me.  They just kept saying "Yeah, you dropped it.."  I didnt so they pretty well called me a liar.  The more I emailed and called the more rude they go .  I gave up.  They stressed me out too much.  I was just going to pay the $400 and move on.  2 days later the phone showed up fixed..   *****.  After making me feel like ***** for a week.  Now I'm scared of the ***** thing..   itll probably break.   Hoping to sell it before it does.  Samsung..  you are terrible..  thanks for fixing your defective phone..  but...  obviously the damage has been done.  You treated me like garbage..  never .  Ever .  Again.  

Don't stop addressing it to the .   Maybe they'll replace yours too.  Hope s .  It's their fault they're breaking!!   

0 Likes